Hospital Corporation of America

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.6

Medical Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I went in for an intial entry-level interview and they offered me position at end for an per diem.

Wanted full time

Project Manager Interview

Interview

No interviews, only health screenings.

Division Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Tampa, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through the HCA website and was almost immediately contacted by an internal recruiter. Two calls were scheduled with the hiring manager and the current incumbent. Both were prepared and the calls lasted between 45 minutes and an hour. There were several assessment tests needed prior to the on-site interview. An on-site interview followed which consisted of three individual interviews and a panel interview. I'm not sure if this was planned, but there was a one hour period that was unfilled in the middle of the process. I used it to review your notes and get my thoughts together. This office is a mix of business casual and formal, but dress for success. No casual clothes.

Interview Questions

• "I don't really understand your resume, tell me why you you are qualified for this position" (During the panel interview).   1 Answer

Negotiation

The benefits package is non-negotiable. The base salary range was known in advance, so that wasn't a surprise. I was able to negotiate the signing bonus offered into my base salary.

Senior Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Questions and answers about leadership and responsibilities. A few what-if situations. Operational experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered a hourly rate with shift differentials and asked when I could start.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Austin, TX).

Interview

My interview process went fairly quickly and very smooth. HR contacted me, set up the initial interview with a few people, and then a follow up interview with a panel. The questions determined my ability to the job, my skills, and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled physician?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was simple and short. I would suggest starting with the highest salary you'd like, and then negotiate from there.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

I found the process to be very professional. I dealt with several people and each of them were courteous and helpful.

Timing was right.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

It was more friendly but overtime.

Interview Questions

• no questions were asked but present the current projects   Answer Question

Negotiation

increased salarey

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Seven interviews for internal applicant.

Interview Questions

• Legal counsel stated she met with me as part of the internal interviewing process to determine whether or not I would embarass the department, though I was an internal candidate (professional paralegal) with the company's corporate legal dept.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief and to the point, little room for negotiation.

Interview

Two phone interviews one with recruiter then hiring manager. Lot of email correspondence but then company veered from original job description.

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a total of 2 phone interviews and 1 formal interview. 1st phone interview was regular HR screening to make sure you meet the requirement, no technical questions. 2nd phone interview was more about what the job was about and asked what scenario experience you had. Formal interview, very nice people it seems they were customer service oriented, not much technical questions.