Hospital Corporation of America

Engaged Employer

Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

Received a phone call to set up a time and date for interview. The interview was conducted by two team leads. They had a list of questions to ask, but made it feel like a natural conversation. After that, it was open for me to ask questions. The whole interview took 15 minutes at most. I was then taken to the HR office and did a simple skills test online. I was told they would make a decision within the week. Checked in a week later. I was told they were still interviewing, but was given no timeline to check in again. Noticed the position had been filled by looking at their job search site.

Prn Staff Interview

Interview

greatly facilitated by my immediate manager, had little to no contact with HR, who sent me a rejection letter the day before I was called for an interview, and my application was sent to the wrong facility

Staff Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with HR , In person interview with the Controller

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, but I advise other to negotiate. HR will Low ball you so get what you are worth.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was called by the Regional Vice President. We talked for a couple of hours on the phone and met up the next couple of days for in in-office interview. I was offered the job during the interview and I accepted.

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview

Very quick and general. Director did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negation.

Medical Biller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Overland Park, KS) in January 2014.

Interview

The want ad only specified Medical Biller. I have 14+ years of medical billing experience. I loved the phone interview but they weren't very flexible about setting that up so I had to use my PTO to take off my current job to accommodate. I only applied for the biller position but they had me interview for that and a collections position, so I did a phone interview with both managers. It went so well, they asked me at the end of the interview to come the following week for part 2 of a 2 part interview process. I was surprised at how business casual they were there. I met with the 2 and their manager. Interview went great, they all said "great!" to my answers or nodded yes in agreement. And all they did was ask me a few of the questions they already asked me on the phone! I was told at the end of the interview they'd make a decision by the end of the week and they'd let me know and said "Oh, we won't leave you hanging". But they did. I called and emailed them and finally got a "Thanks but no thanks". Then they post on their facebook page how they are hiring and having a career fair and they are still hiring for a Medical Biller. But this time they specified they'd prefer physician experience. I wish they would have specified that to begin with and not have wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• "What is customer service to you?" and "Do you consider yourself lucky?"   Answer Question

Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

HR horrible hired me then instituted hiring freeze
    had to call back 3 weeks later when HR never contacted me
    I could not make this up it is a true story, unbelievable but true
    No sick leave-just overwork, under staff and no work life balance
    HCA is the worst most greedy corrupt corp out there

Interview Questions

• no questions-just how wonderful they are
      only information is how great benefits are but ask to have Away From Work Policy explained

1 Answer

Negotiation

Good money lousy ineffective management

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in December 2013.

Interview

I have interviewed with 3 different HCA Facilities all over the U.S.. My interview experience ranged from "the worst" to "great communication" throughout the whole process. You Initially get a call from the recruiter at corporate assigned to your Territory. The first recruiter I worked with was WONDERFUL and a true professional, the other 2 came across very unprofessional and could not even share basic information on the positions. One of the recruiters failed to send me an itinerary (for an out of state interview) and also did not send one to the hiring manager so she had no idea what my game plan was for the day. The 3rd experience was the worst from a customer service standpoint. Even my accommodations were booked under the wrong 1st name. So my impression is that it is very hit and miss. It all depends on the recruiter and hiring managers preferences and level of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Basic Interview Questions, lots of "STAR" examples are needed.   Answer Question

Charge Nurse (RN) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in December 2013.

Interview

Informal as I already was a staff nurse on that floor. I was just asked causally after a meeting if I
    would be interested in doing the charge nurse position on night shift. I was then put on the schedule
    for training for the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, there is a set rate for charge nurse. (extra an
    hour)

Physician Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Irving, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was very strategic and directed by the V.P. of sales. Her initiative was to match personality and training with each hospital. They looked for medical sales experience and working with physicians one on one.

Interview Questions

• I guess the most difficult was being given different scenarios where the physician was unsatisfied and how we would approach resolving the issues. How independent we were and knowing when to get upper management involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward