Hospital Corporation of America

2.7

Division Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in October 2013.

I applied through the HCA website and was almost immediately contacted by an internal recruiter. Two calls were scheduled with the hiring manager and the current incumbent. Both were prepared and the calls lasted between 45 minutes and an hour. There were several assessment tests needed prior to the on-site interview. An on-site interview followed which consisted of three individual interviews and a panel interview. I'm not sure if this was planned, but there was a one hour period that was unfilled in the middle of the process. I used it to review your notes and get my thoughts together. This office is a mix of business casual and formal, but dress for success. No casual clothes.

Interview Questions
    • "I don't really understand your resume, tell me why you you are qualified for this position" (During the panel interview).   View Answer
    The benefits package is non-negotiable. The base salary range was known in advance, so that wasn't a surprise. I was able to negotiate the signing bonus offered into my base salary.

Senior Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Questions and answers about leadership and responsibilities. A few what-if situations. Operational experiences.

Interview Questions
    Offered a hourly rate with shift differentials and asked when I could start.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

My interview process went fairly quickly and very smooth. HR contacted me, set up the initial interview with a few people, and then a follow up interview with a panel. The questions determined my ability to the job, my skills, and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a disgruntled physician?   View Answer
    It was simple and short. I would suggest starting with the highest salary you'd like, and then negotiate from there.

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

I found the process to be very professional. I dealt with several people and each of them were courteous and helpful.

Timing was right.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

It was more friendly but overtime.

Interview Questions
    • no questions were asked but present the current projects   Answer Question
    increased salarey

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Seven interviews for internal applicant.

Interview Questions
    • Legal counsel stated she met with me as part of the internal interviewing process to determine whether or not I would embarass the department, though I was an internal candidate (professional paralegal) with the company's corporate legal dept.   View Answer
    Brief and to the point, little room for negotiation.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Two phone interviews one with recruiter then hiring manager. Lot of email correspondence but then company veered from original job description.

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in April 2013.

Had a total of 2 phone interviews and 1 formal interview. 1st phone interview was regular HR screening to make sure you meet the requirement, no technical questions. 2nd phone interview was more about what the job was about and asked what scenario experience you had. Formal interview, very nice people it seems they were customer service oriented, not much technical questions.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in March 2013.

I applied online, had a phone interview with a recruiter and then came in for a live interview with the department head. She seemed very nice and said I would have additional responsibilities based on my skills and prior experience. Speaking to her was a positive experience. I was then introduced to the staff and instructed to sit and observe and get to know the other staff members.

Interview Questions
    • None were too difficult or strange. However, the HR people told me the salary before I met anyone from the department. Standard behavioral interview questions based on information from your resume.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possibe. Salary is based on years of experience.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in March 2013.

Communication was great, but position was already filled by internal candidate and the external candidates was just a square that needed to be filled.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions, the interview process was long and people were nice.   Answer Question