Hospital Corporation of America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very lengthly and multiple interviews

Interview Question – All situation questions and skill based questions   Answer Question

Product Development Intern Interview

Product Development Intern
Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview Details – Scheduled an interview following a meeting at a university career fair. The interviewers were cordial but did little to assuage nervousness. The interview style was what could be expected of any software position: "what does the following piece of code do?", "how would you design a ... system?", "what can your educational and personal experiences provide innovative approaches to our organization?"

Technical questions were difficult enough to gauge competency, but never out of scope of what could reasonably be expected of a serious candidate. The interviewers did not waste time with arbitrary riddles or puzzles.

Following the interview, the floor was open for questions or concerns from the candidate. The interviewers responded with offer of employment quickly (within a week).

Interview Question – "Can you draw a description of the finite state machine for a vending machine?"   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in February 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviews - Phone then face-to-face.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult questions. Interviewer was more interested in my how I approach situations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Cottonwood Heights, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2012.

Interview Details – Went through recruiting over the phone through corporate. Then interview was scheduled and I was offered the position. Drug screen and background check were contingencies.

Interview Question – Name your worst day at work   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me a few days

Very Difficult Interview

CNA Interview

CNA
Port Charlotte, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews for two different positions, both times I had to go through the same nurse manager for different floors. It took over a month from the time I turned in my online application to get a call for an interview, after both interview I was told I would be called with a decision within a week and the first time around I was called two weeks later the second time around they never even bothered to call me back. The interviews are scripted behavioral interviews and the questions are tricky, there seem to be no right answers to some of them. The management is not organized. I was told I was interviewing for a night position when I went to speak with the floor manager she told me it was for a day position, when I was asked later if would prefer night or day, I said day since it was what the floor manager and I had discussed, I got hung up on and was not called with a decision. Thankfully they have online updates so I knew that I was not hired. If there were not online updates on your application you wouldn't know what was going on. Very rude and awfully stressful hiring process for an employee that would only make $10.00/hour.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you gave poor customer service.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit
Nashville, TN

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in May 2012.

Interview Details – Company slow to narrow down postings unless inside contact. Interview was done one on one with five individuals who are the VP's of each audit team.

Interview Question – What is your biggest dissapointment?   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Test Analyst
Nashville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer at lunch through the whole interview and pretty much discouraged my applying. Advised how hard the work would be and stated they were looking for contractors which made no sense to me. Why interview me if you already pretty much decided you didn't want me. It was a waste of my time and energy especially since the person already knew me and my work ethics.

Interview Questions

Charge Nurse (RN) Interview

Charge Nurse (RN)
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in November 2010.

Interview Details – Informal. I was asked to apply for the position and I did.

Negotiation Details – There was no room to negotiat anything.

Physician Sales Interview

Physician Sales
Boca Raton, FL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in July 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward, nice group of people, no gatcha questions.

Interview Question – What sales exp do you have   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Another thing came up.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in September 2011.

Interview Details – My first interview w/ HCA was a phone interview followed a week later w/ a panel interview.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question