Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions

2.6

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in March 2013.

Communication was great, but position was already filled by internal candidate and the external candidates was just a square that needed to be filled.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions, the interview process was long and people were nice.   Answer Question

Far West Division Informatics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in March 2013.

After initial contact by recruiter, I was set up to speak to 4-5 managers and a vendor. I never interviewed with HR. Each interview was primarily the same but each interview was with someone higher up the ladder. The first interview was given by the person that would have been my manager. Very detailed oriented and thorough interviews. Although I wasn't hired, the interview process was certainly encouraging that my skills are where they need to be.

Interview Questions
    • All interview questions were standard technical interviews with several personal questions thrown in for relaxation.   Answer Question

Senior Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in February 2013.

I was initially referred to the hiring manager by a mutual friend. After some back-and-forth emails, I had an initial phone screen and then a formal interview. The interview was on-site and lasted more than 4 hours. I met with three different groups during the process, and the questions covered a very broad range - as I would expect for this role. The building itself is showing it's age and looked rather run down. There was also very limited parking - and I had to park on the street with a number of employees.

Interview Questions
    • My biggest surprise was that they didn't use behavioral interviewing. In this day and age, I was astonished that they were all "old-school" technical questions.   Answer Question

Medical insurance costs were more than I'm currently paying, they do not provide cell phones, and the position would have been repeating something that I'd already done in my career. Also, the salary was not enough to offset these issues.

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in December 2012.

Easy Interview process. the typical Phone screen followed by a second face to face if they like you.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Did not have an interview. I was hired when my externship ended.

Non-negotiable

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Applied online, got called for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview consisted of a face to face interview with the manager, a phone interview with the district manager, a short written skills test and a peer interview with the lead service desk analyst. Drug test and background test were a prerequisite.

Interview Questions
    • How often do you sacrifice personal time for work?   View Answer
    Offer was non-negotiable

Product Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Scheduled an interview following a meeting at a university career fair. The interviewers were cordial but did little to assuage nervousness. The interview style was what could be expected of any software position: "what does the following piece of code do?", "how would you design a ... system?", "what can your educational and personal experiences provide innovative approaches to our organization?"

Technical questions were difficult enough to gauge competency, but never out of scope of what could reasonably be expected of a serious candidate. The interviewers did not waste time with arbitrary riddles or puzzles.

Following the interview, the floor was open for questions or concerns from the candidate. The interviewers responded with offer of employment quickly (within a week).

Interview Questions
    • "Can you draw a description of the finite state machine for a vending machine?"   View Answer

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

I had 2 interviews for two different positions, both times I had to go through the same nurse manager for different floors. It took over a month from the time I turned in my online application to get a call for an interview, after both interview I was told I would be called with a decision within a week and the first time around I was called two weeks later the second time around they never even bothered to call me back. The interviews are scripted behavioral interviews and the questions are tricky, there seem to be no right answers to some of them. The management is not organized. I was told I was interviewing for a night position when I went to speak with the floor manager she told me it was for a day position, when I was asked later if would prefer night or day, I said day since it was what the floor manager and I had discussed, I got hung up on and was not called with a decision. Thankfully they have online updates so I knew that I was not hired. If there were not online updates on your application you wouldn't know what was going on. Very rude and awfully stressful hiring process for an employee that would only make $10.00/hour.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2012.

Went through recruiting over the phone through corporate. Then interview was scheduled and I was offered the position. Drug screen and background check were contingencies.

They gave me a few days

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in June 2012.

Very lengthly and multiple interviews