Hospital Corporation of America

2.7

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in January 2012.

The interviewer at lunch through the whole interview and pretty much discouraged my applying. Advised how hard the work would be and stated they were looking for contractors which made no sense to me. Why interview me if you already pretty much decided you didn't want me. It was a waste of my time and energy especially since the person already knew me and my work ethics.

IT Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in November 2011.

The initial contact was made through an introduction to Senior Management. The resume was sent to the Nashville recruiter. I was phone screened by the recruiter. The next step was peer interviewing with IT Division the hospital was aligned with. After being selected as part of the viable candidate pool, I was flown to the hospital and peer interviewed by the CIO and CFO. As finalist, we were flown back to the hospital to peer interview with the Director staff. The selection process to 3 months to complete and be hired.

Interview Questions
    Cut and Dry. The organization did a market assessment and had a fixed offer when it was presented.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in September 2011.

My first interview w/ HCA was a phone interview followed a week later w/ a panel interview.

Practice Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in May 2011.

Did not get any communication about application until an employee networked on my behave.

Billing Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in April 2011.

The HR generalist was not very professional

They low balled salary

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in February 2011.

I was called by a HCA Recruiter. Very nice chat for the initial screening. I was selected to be referred to the Hiring Manager who interviewed me by phone and in person. The Hiring Manager referred me to a panel to be interviewed by the coworkers and her VP manager. It was a panel ingerview. I did very well, however I was told I was not a good fit.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Two interviews - Phone then face-to-face.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult questions. Interviewer was more interested in my how I approach situations   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in January 2011.

the interview process consited on: phone interview with the recruiter from the company which lasted about 15 minutes and then I was scheduled to go to an on-site interview with a panel of 3 people, that first on-site interview lasted about 1 hour and 30 minutes and the interview was very casual but I was asked about previous experiences and how I would react to several scenarios. After a week, I was scheduled to go to a 2nd on-site interview with 4 other people, that interview lasted about 2 hours but it was also very casual and was able to enjoy it. After 2 weeks, i was called and given a good offer which I accepted. After accepting the offer, the position was already mine pending background check and drug test, this last process took 2 weeks. So in all the whole hiring process from the time of the 1st call to the official welcome letter was 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • how did you handle a project that did not have a good start? and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hudson, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in January 2011.

Was traveler and contract renewed.

Interview Questions

Did not want to remain in that city

Charge Nurse (RN) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in November 2010.

Informal. I was asked to apply for the position and I did.

There was no room to negotiat anything.