Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Applied online, got called for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview consisted of a face to face interview with the manager, a phone interview with the district manager, a short written skills test and a peer interview with the lead service desk analyst. Drug test and background test were a prerequisite.

Interview Questions
    • How often do you sacrifice personal time for work?   View Answer
    Offer was non-negotiable

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in June 2012.

Very lengthly and multiple interviews

Product Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Scheduled an interview following a meeting at a university career fair. The interviewers were cordial but did little to assuage nervousness. The interview style was what could be expected of any software position: "what does the following piece of code do?", "how would you design a ... system?", "what can your educational and personal experiences provide innovative approaches to our organization?"

Technical questions were difficult enough to gauge competency, but never out of scope of what could reasonably be expected of a serious candidate. The interviewers did not waste time with arbitrary riddles or puzzles.

Following the interview, the floor was open for questions or concerns from the candidate. The interviewers responded with offer of employment quickly (within a week).

Interview Questions
    • "Can you draw a description of the finite state machine for a vending machine?"   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in February 2011.

Two interviews - Phone then face-to-face.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult questions. Interviewer was more interested in my how I approach situations   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in August 2012.

Went through recruiting over the phone through corporate. Then interview was scheduled and I was offered the position. Drug screen and background check were contingencies.

They gave me a few days

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Port Charlotte, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

I had 2 interviews for two different positions, both times I had to go through the same nurse manager for different floors. It took over a month from the time I turned in my online application to get a call for an interview, after both interview I was told I would be called with a decision within a week and the first time around I was called two weeks later the second time around they never even bothered to call me back. The interviews are scripted behavioral interviews and the questions are tricky, there seem to be no right answers to some of them. The management is not organized. I was told I was interviewing for a night position when I went to speak with the floor manager she told me it was for a day position, when I was asked later if would prefer night or day, I said day since it was what the floor manager and I had discussed, I got hung up on and was not called with a decision. Thankfully they have online updates so I knew that I was not hired. If there were not online updates on your application you wouldn't know what was going on. Very rude and awfully stressful hiring process for an employee that would only make $10.00/hour.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in May 2012.

Company slow to narrow down postings unless inside contact. Interview was done one on one with five individuals who are the VP's of each audit team.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in January 2012.

The interviewer at lunch through the whole interview and pretty much discouraged my applying. Advised how hard the work would be and stated they were looking for contractors which made no sense to me. Why interview me if you already pretty much decided you didn't want me. It was a waste of my time and energy especially since the person already knew me and my work ethics.

Charge Nurse (RN) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in November 2010.

Informal. I was asked to apply for the position and I did.

There was no room to negotiat anything.

Physician Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in July 2010.

Pretty straight forward, nice group of people, no gatcha questions.

Another thing came up.