Hospital Corporation of America

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Initial phone interview of 10 minutes. Then was scheduled for an onsite interview within the next week. Onsite interview with 3 different groups of 2 people(30 minutes each).

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were repetitive. Very experience/example based. What did you do when.. Give us an example of a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker. How did you hand a situation when... What are you greatest strengths/weaknesses..   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I am not sure if that was an option.

Overpayment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in April 2014.

I submitted my application online and got an email about two weeks later. They asked to do a phone interview that day. The interview took about 20 minutes. I was not asked any hard questions. Mainly questions about where my career was going and why I wanted the position. Interviewer asked about my degree. Later that day I received a few more emails asking me to complete some skills and math tests online. I completed those that day and four days later received an offer. It took about 8 days for my background check and drug test to be completed and for them to give me a start date.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a certain amount and I accepted. There was no room for negotiation.

Staff Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Applied online, phone interview with HR , In person interview with the Controller

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, but I advise other to negotiate. HR will Low ball you so get what you are worth.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Seven interviews for internal applicant.

Interview Questions
    • Legal counsel stated she met with me as part of the internal interviewing process to determine whether or not I would embarass the department, though I was an internal candidate (professional paralegal) with the company's corporate legal dept.   View Answer
    Brief and to the point, little room for negotiation.

Senior Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in February 2013.

I was initially referred to the hiring manager by a mutual friend. After some back-and-forth emails, I had an initial phone screen and then a formal interview. The interview was on-site and lasted more than 4 hours. I met with three different groups during the process, and the questions covered a very broad range - as I would expect for this role. The building itself is showing it's age and looked rather run down. There was also very limited parking - and I had to park on the street with a number of employees.

Interview Questions
    • My biggest surprise was that they didn't use behavioral interviewing. In this day and age, I was astonished that they were all "old-school" technical questions.   Answer Question

Medical insurance costs were more than I'm currently paying, they do not provide cell phones, and the position would have been repeating something that I'd already done in my career. Also, the salary was not enough to offset these issues.

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in December 2012.

Easy Interview process. the typical Phone screen followed by a second face to face if they like you.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America.

Did not have an interview. I was hired when my externship ended.

Non-negotiable

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in June 2012.

Very lengthly and multiple interviews

Product Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Scheduled an interview following a meeting at a university career fair. The interviewers were cordial but did little to assuage nervousness. The interview style was what could be expected of any software position: "what does the following piece of code do?", "how would you design a ... system?", "what can your educational and personal experiences provide innovative approaches to our organization?"

Technical questions were difficult enough to gauge competency, but never out of scope of what could reasonably be expected of a serious candidate. The interviewers did not waste time with arbitrary riddles or puzzles.

Following the interview, the floor was open for questions or concerns from the candidate. The interviewers responded with offer of employment quickly (within a week).

Interview Questions
    • "Can you draw a description of the finite state machine for a vending machine?"   View Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in May 2012.

Company slow to narrow down postings unless inside contact. Interview was done one on one with five individuals who are the VP's of each audit team.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hospital Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!