Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions in Nashville, TN

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.5

Online Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The process required four separate interviews starting with calls, then finalizing with a flight to meet the team: 1) With recruiting individual - Basic screening questions 2) With HR person - Questions were still general 3) With Hiring manager - Detailed tech questions and hypothetical scenarios 4) With Divisional team - This was a panel interview to see if my personality would fit the culture of the rest of the group

Interview Questions

• What one change has been the single-most effective process for you to implement in a past marketing role? Describe how the employees responded to this change.   Answer Question

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview went well. I interviewed with the Area Practice Manager. Questions were reasonable. Interviewer was engaging. I had great questions. I left the interview feeling confident that I answered all questions to the best of my ability.

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

You apply online, then have a phone screening and then if you pass that, get invited to an interview super day with about 60 other applicants. Once there you may have up to 3 interviews. Overall it is a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position online and had a very positive experience. I first spoke with a corporate recruiter during a phone screen. Shortly after, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Both phone calls went well. The recruiter was very timely, organized, and friendly. She represented the company very well, and ensured that I had all of the information I needed about the position and the organization. Throughout the interview process, she was my main point of contact. When I interviewed with the hiring manager, I found him to be very friendly, direct, and open about what the position would entail. He represented the company very well. After speaking with him, I felt that I would be a good fit for the position - and I also found that his team has a great opportunity to make a positive impact at the company. It was definitely an exciting experience (and nerve wracking, like any interview). After the phone screen with the corp. recruiter and the phone interview with the hiring manager, I was then invited to meet and interview with the team in Nashville. As I'm not from the Nashville area, the corp. recruiter connected me with an assistant from corp. affairs and HR to schedule my in person interview and secure my flight and hotel arrangements. They were all wonderful and super professional. And of course, for me, the most important aspect was meeting the people I would've been working with at HCA. In addition to meeting the Director, I also met a VP, an AVP, and the Social Media Strategist. The interview was consistent with the people I had met up to that point. They were all professional, friendly and laid back - very helpful for a nervous interviewee. I appreciated that very much. The phone inquiry interview questions varied, much based on your resume/experience. During the main part of the interview, I feel that the type of interview questions they asked were situationally based. So, I recommend studying STARs (Situation Tasks Actions Results) for those who generally get nervous during interviews (as I do). Additionally, I think if you're a good fit for the position, your experience will probably speak for itself - and you will be able to answer the questions naturally and with ease. Other than that, I feel that you should be yourself and prepare in advance so your nerves don't get the best of you. I think HCA is a great company, and if you are prepared, then you will set yourself up for success no matter what happens in the end. Good luck to future interviewees. I plan to apply to the organization again when a relevant position is open, and I recommend that others do, as well.

Project Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Initial phone interview of 10 minutes. Then was scheduled for an onsite interview within the next week. Onsite interview with 3 different groups of 2 people(30 minutes each).

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were repetitive. Very experience/example based. What did you do when.. Give us an example of a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker. How did you hand a situation when... What are you greatest strengths/weaknesses..   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I am not sure if that was an option.

Overpayment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and got an email about two weeks later. They asked to do a phone interview that day. The interview took about 20 minutes. I was not asked any hard questions. Mainly questions about where my career was going and why I wanted the position. Interviewer asked about my degree. Later that day I received a few more emails asking me to complete some skills and math tests online. I completed those that day and four days later received an offer. It took about 8 days for my background check and drug test to be completed and for them to give me a start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a certain amount and I accepted. There was no room for negotiation.

Staff Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with HR , In person interview with the Controller

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, but I advise other to negotiate. HR will Low ball you so get what you are worth.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

the 1st interview was a phone interview with a recruiter, then I interviewed with a manager in the department. the last interview was with department heads. In all interviews, general questions were asked to get to know me on a personal level and provide info about my background.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Seven interviews for internal applicant.

Interview Questions

• Legal counsel stated she met with me as part of the internal interviewing process to determine whether or not I would embarass the department, though I was an internal candidate (professional paralegal) with the company's corporate legal dept.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief and to the point, little room for negotiation.

Senior Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN) in February 2013.

Interview

I was initially referred to the hiring manager by a mutual friend. After some back-and-forth emails, I had an initial phone screen and then a formal interview. The interview was on-site and lasted more than 4 hours. I met with three different groups during the process, and the questions covered a very broad range - as I would expect for this role. The building itself is showing it's age and looked rather run down. There was also very limited parking - and I had to park on the street with a number of employees.

Interview Questions

• My biggest surprise was that they didn't use behavioral interviewing. In this day and age, I was astonished that they were all "old-school" technical questions.   Answer Question

Medical insurance costs were more than I'm currently paying, they do not provide cell phones, and the position would have been repeating something that I'd already done in my career. Also, the salary was not enough to offset these issues.