Hospital Corporation of America

www.hcahealthcare.com

Hospital Corporation of America Interview Questions & Reviews in Overland Park, KS

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Biller Interview

Medical Biller
Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Corporation of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – The want ad only specified Medical Biller. I have 14+ years of medical billing experience. I loved the phone interview but they weren't very flexible about setting that up so I had to use my PTO to take off my current job to accommodate. I only applied for the biller position but they had me interview for that and a collections position, so I did a phone interview with both managers. It went so well, they asked me at the end of the interview to come the following week for part 2 of a 2 part interview process. I was surprised at how business casual they were there. I met with the 2 and their manager. Interview went great, they all said "great!" to my answers or nodded yes in agreement. And all they did was ask me a few of the questions they already asked me on the phone! I was told at the end of the interview they'd make a decision by the end of the week and they'd let me know and said "Oh, we won't leave you hanging". But they did. I called and emailed them and finally got a "Thanks but no thanks". Then they post on their facebook page how they are hiring and having a career fair and they are still hiring for a Medical Biller. But this time they specified they'd prefer physician experience. I wish they would have specified that to begin with and not have wasted my time.

Interview Question – "What is customer service to you?" and "Do you consider yourself lucky?"   Answer Question

Worked for Hospital Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!