Hospital Shared Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Shared Services in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call for an interview within 3-4 days. Interview was fairly easy and asked basic interview questions that mainly focused on customer service. Previous security experience did not seem to be a priority as long as you are pleasant have good communication and people skills. After interview questions were completed I was told about the hours available and told that I would receive a call within a day or two. Exactly 2 days later I receive another phone call with a conditional job offer and date to attend New Hire Orientation.

After conditional offer: background check, drug test, medical clearance( vaccinations and TB tests) paid by company

Interview Question – What do you consider good customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation you either accept or refuse.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hospital Shared Services in March 2012.

Interview Details – The process was 3 interviews first with a low level HR employee then two with the area manager. The process was two days long at a local hotel chain and it was a mass hiring event. There were over 100 people there to interview for the positions. Alomost none of the potential candidates were in proper interview attire, and though the staff made the atmosphere very non formal they did not spend much time with those that did not bother to dress the part. After the interviews I recieved my offer of employment the salary was static so I accepted and began all paperwork and training the next day at the hotel.

Interview Question – In an intense situation how do you respond fight or flight?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Absolutly no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hospital Shared Services.

Interview Details – While experience in Security, Military, or Law Enforcement are preferred, they are by no means required. The interview is much like the interview for any other job -- Your personality is being evaluated more than your qualifications. Hiring hot-headed brawlers is something the company wants to avoid, so as long as you appear to be calm, analytical, and level-headed, you will likely find a position in the company. Your size and fitness are apparently meaningless -- I have seen a staggering number of Security Officers weighing less than 100 lbs., and several over 300 lbs.

Interview Question – There are several questions where the interviewer creates an impossibly difficult scenario and asks how you'd handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is little negotiation. They make you an offer and you either accept, or refuse and find another employer.

Worked for Hospital Shared Services? Contribute to the Community!