Hospital for Special Surgery

www.hss.edu

Hospital for Special Surgery Interview Questions

2.2

Clinical Nutritionist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery.

It was fairly easy to make an appointment for the interview, but when I showed up 5 minutes early, they asked me to leave and wait in the hospital foyer upstairs because they were busy. It was not a good start. They seemed very unprofessional right off the bat. They asked a few basic questions, mostly about my availability but not much about my experience or clinical abilities.

Interview Questions
    • None. The questions were pretty standard and not very in depth.   Answer Question

When I attempted to negotiate the offer they proposed, I was told that the hourly rate was standard, and that I could not obtain a higher rate, despite my advanced knowledge, education, and expertise. I had a concern about the compensation package, which I raised with HR because the hiring manager said she could not make any decisions about compensation packages. The HR representative would not budge, and was not particularly friendly in our discussions. To make matters worse, the hiring manager took personal offense when I said I couldn't accept the position on the spot and that I needed to consider the offer more carefully. She told me she felt disappointed and was upset that I was discussing everything with HR and not directly with her - despite the fact that she referred me to HR because she said she couldn't make those decisions!

Client Services Interview

I was free lance consultant before being hired

no negotiation

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery in January 2014.

Process took one week.

Office Assistant Interview

nice work environment. friendly employees.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery in August 2013.

My 3 intense interviews were all done on a one-one basis and on separate days. You should prepare to answer the same questions over and over. I felt like I was on that A&E show, 48 hours. Week 1 - Interviewed by 2 senior "executives". Week 2 - called me back to interview with V.P. and other executives who all informed me that I was the "leading" candidate. Week 3 - questioned by a very cold H.R Partner. She made it clear that her office was a mess and she was very tired.- this was most unprofessional. She clearly had never read my resume before and as such was just picking at my experience- "why did u leave this job 15 years ago without another one lined up?" She also complaining that my salary requirement was too high, even though my other interviewers said that it was just right. These types of H.R people will only scare away qualified candidates. Week 4- H.r called and asked for 5 references from current job without any job offer guarantee. I compiled with their request. Today is week 6 and no one at H.S.S has the common courtesy to inform me about the status of my candidacy. I took so many days off from work to interview with them. I guess they are very careful who they are hiring since their CEO was the news recently.

CIS Analyst Interview

The entire process was managed through their online system. I was called by the office manager for that department to schedule a first in person interview. When I arrived, the hiring manager met with me in a board room, while the 3 surgeons involved were paged. It was a fairly intense interview with questions from all 4 of them.

Interview Questions
    • What discipline (ie RN, MD, other types of users) presented with the most difficulty training on the system.   Answer Question

MR Technologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery in February 2013.

Asked normal interview questions, some technical questions not hard.

Interview Questions
    • Was a very easy interview but there were 3 people in the interview.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery in March 2010.

HR was wonderful and very informative about the job position listed and also reviewed their benefits package.

Interview Questions
    • Why am I changing careers in my nursing career?   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery in June 2008.

The interview consisted more of a conversation that was less about the job but more about us personally getting along well. Since it was an entry level position anyway, I thought this was appropriate. Great rapport, fantastic people, I was really excited about starting the job after the interview. I always received lots of good feedback and support from all levels. I never had any negative feelings while working there.

Medical Secretary Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hospital for Special Surgery.

I interviewed with HR and then with the physician.