Host Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.6

Sales Development Representative Interview

Host Analytics was great in communicating to me what the SDR job would entail, how I would be compensated, and what my career path would look like at this company. My interviews were very natural -- I wasn't hit with weird questions or led to believe that the SDR role is any different than it is. I was very impressed with the team here, and I knew from the start that I would fit in well.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult (but definitely expected) was when they ask to explain what the Host Analytics product does and who the competition is. For an entry-level sales person without a finance background, this was most difficult to explain in the beginning and is an important thing to know when applying to work anywhere.   Answer Question

Activation Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Host Analytics.

The usual questions, plus some specifics about Excel and general accounting knowledge. Spoke to team members, team lead, and members of upper management. Pretty informal overall, and probably one of the easier interviews that I've participated in. Hiring process took a little longer than I might have expected for so small a company.

SDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Host Analytics.

Was referred by a recruiter. Had a phone interview, then was invited to a company mixer. After that they invited people they wanted back to the offices for a marathon interview with 6 members of the company (the heads of every department).

Interview Questions
    • People are brought in for different reasons. they range from questions about what drives you, to what you think the main characteristics of an SDR should have, to what makes you happy in your free time.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Host Analytics in October 2013.

First piece of the interview was a phone screen. It lasted about 30-45minutes and was pretty casual. Some small talk, some talk about the position and the company. Next, I met with a couple of the VP's and a couple others that I would be working with directly. Pretty casual interview and easy going. The company sounds laid back, like they strive for success and want their employees to grow within the company.

General Occupation Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Host Analytics in April 2012.

Amazing experience!!! Every person that I spoke with was forthright, kind, and wanted to get to know the person that they were talking about. They clearly understand that work/family balance and respect it. They are not overly "pushy" and allow the applicant to get comfortable with them and their processes.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Host Analytics in December 2010.

The interview process was smooth. People interviewing were good and had good knowledge of the domain. The questions asked were conceptual and they wanted to know if one can apply the concepts in real time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your experience in the field   View Answer
    I got what I asked for. So there was no need to negotiate.