Host Hotels & Resorts

4.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Host Hotels & Resorts

Senior Finance Manager Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Host Hotels & Resorts in April 2013.

I had a phone interview with them, it went well. They have a beautiful facility. I went in for an interview and it was very quick, the interview lasted less than 3 minutes. I assumed they had no interest in hiring me at all once I met the hiring manager. They promptly made me take an online finance exam which consisted of questions that I hadnt touched since college.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Host Hotels & Resorts in August 2012.

From first contact with the company via a recruitment posting to introductions, telephone interviews and travel to the corporate headquarters this process was highly professional and extremely impressive. The Human Resources staff members and senior management were knowledgable and informative about the well established company and thoroughly helpful as well as extremely organized. They managed the logistics of setting up multiple interviews and travel with ease and constant communication. The experience at the corporate headquarters from sense of arrival to the quality of peer level and senior management interviews and interactions was challenging, informative and stimulating. The exchange of ideas and discipline specific knowledge provided a positive impression of the structure and culture of this company. My experience from start to finish was top notch. Exceeded my expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Within the Hospitality discipline there are distinctly differing approaches to addressing cost efficiencies when managing diverse hotel operational models, some of which are inherently less profitable than others.. Interview questions were posed requiring specific detail on how to creatively and effectively approach driving efficiencies and margins of profit in the less profitable managed assets utilizing best practices and techniques acquired through practical experience in the High yield managed environments. This task required synthesis of a clear and concise summary of concepts encompassing broad and varied applications detailing hotel specific operational knowledge, historical financial data, yield management techniques, economic and market influences as well as strategic integration methods used to effect change.   Answer Question