HostDime.com Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at HostDime.com

Systems Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HostDime.com (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I had a phone interview at first to get to know my personal experience and interest in the field. A get to know you type of conversation. Then I was scheduled an interview for the following day with the respected manager. Dress like you normally would in an interview. I personally only had at home experience playing around with computers and programming which I feel helped me greatly. Though they say no linux experience needed it will help you significantly. But if your able to learn you will learn as you go. Pro tip: It will take a long time to hear anything back from them. It took many weeks before I heard anything back so just keep that in mind. but management was great and personal during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. They have a very reasonable offer and tend to base entry off of that.

Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HostDime.com (Orlando, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

It was a typical interview process from what I remember. Business causal is acceptable. No real hard questions from what I recall. They only seem to call people who have been refereed by a current employee. There is no negotiation on pay regardless of your skill sets.

Interview Questions

• They want to know that you are able to learn LAMP related items and can do customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will offer you $10 hour and it's a take or leave it

Tech Interview

Interview

Basic questions about Linux and general experience. As long as you can speak proper English and have half a brain you can do well.

Server Analyst I Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at HostDime.com in April 2009.

Interview

Dress professionally. Company culture is casual and laid back, but they expect applicants to dress well for the interview.

They only hire for entry-level positions. Experience matters less than a clear and demonstrable interest in learning about networking, linux, programming, web hosting, etc. Being able to show relevant coursework or personal projects can be very helpful.

They like college students, and this is a good job for those pursuing a degree in IT.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They know what they want to pay for these positions and will not go higher.