HostGator.com

2.3

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Junior Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HostGator.com.

A few hours after the application I was asked to come in for an interview with the company. During the interview they asked several questions about DNS, outlook, and general webhosting questions.

Explain how DNS works.
    What are MX Records.
    What is cPanel.
    What is WHM.
    How do cPanel and WHM work together?
    Have you ever had to set up outlook for a friend?
    Do you have any customer service experience?
    What are the steps to trouble shooting an issue?

Interview Questions
    I was provided a range ($9-12), and was asked what I felt was an acceptable rate.

Junior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at HostGator.com.

Initial communications were a bit slow. I think it took about a month from application submission to initial email to set up an interview. Once an interview was scheduled, I received a study guide for possible questions I might encounter on the interview. It was essentially an intro to web hosting. The interviewer asked me some pretty basic questions about DNS and other services that I would use on a daily basis. After that came salary discussion and then start date.

Interview Questions
    • I had come in during some pretty bad weather, and I got asked why I showed up when te interview had been rescheduled.   View Answer
    I started high, and they talked me down a little. If you got to this point, they already want you on staff, so be reasonable, but don't settle too low.

Linux Systems Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HostGator.com in August 2013.

They call and ask basic customer service questions then ask to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, i had the phone interview questions.   View Answer

I didnt feel like they value employees much

Linux Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HostGator.com.

Received my first phone interview which covered basic customer support questions. The second phone interview were some basic technical questions covering a range of topics as well as having to remotely log into one of their computers to do a technical exam. The whole process took just over a week.

Interview Questions
    • What does customer support mean to you?

Customers email takes a few hours from sender to recipient, what would you do to trouble shoot the problem.

Answer Question

Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at HostGator.com in March 2013.

They brought me in and asked me silly questions about what kind of animal I would if I could be any animal. I told them I'd be a block of cheese. Apparently they did not agree that a block of cheese is an animal.

Junior Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HostGator.com in January 2013.

The interview was very simple and easy. Questions about what kind of person you are, how well do you learn and an overview about errors that pages display such as 500, 404's 403'. etc.

Interview Questions
    • Just a few SSH(Linux) related questions I can't recall.   Answer Question

Chat Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at HostGator.com in December 2012.

I was able to get onboard with this company as a part time employee because of a friend. The interview process was straight forward. When I was hired it was prior to the EIG take over. With that being said I do not know what has changed if anything. I showed up for the interview in a suit. I was over dressed. The company atmosphere is very casual. There was a pre-interview questionnaire that I completed that was reviewed during the interview. Half of the questions required no additional follow up. The majority of the questions were basic trouble shooting. What is a 404 error. When do you get a 500 error, how to fix them and things like that. After the interview I was dismissed and they called me about 4 days later.

There was none for me - the interview was offering 12 - 14 and the initial offer was 11.50. I was looking for a part time job so the .50 cents wasn't worth potentially losing the job.

Junior Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at HostGator.com.

This place seemed very hectic and they approached me with a very lax environment. I knew what I was getting into. But this is a complete facade. The trainer just got switched out for 2 guys that are very unprofessional. They hire 12 peeps then fire 1/2 the class then they kick them out to the floor. Quality hovers over you like you make 47k continually. I've never had quality up my arse so much at any phone job. The quota is 7 calls or interactions an hour. They want you to take calls and chats at the same time. You will be overwhelmed which is expected. You are to adapt or drown.

Very argumentative until I won. They started me off at 10.50 and I fought for a whopping 11.50.

Junior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HostGator.com in June 2012.

It was just a question and answer type interview. Know your web talk and website building language. They will of course give you a link to prepare.

It was in a email. I had to call a number and verbally accept the position. But wasnt told that.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HostGator.com in June 2012.

After applying online i was given a response e-mail with a few technical/personality questions. After that there was a short(10-15 minute) interview. Questions were over past experience with web development/site administration and basic customer service (what does customer service mean to you? how would you handle an angry customer?). They offer training but seem to prefer someone with previous web dev experience.

Interview Questions
    • If a client's web page is unable to load on his/her machine but is able to load on your machine, what possible problems might this indicate?   View Answer