HostGator.com Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.3

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HostGator.com (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The recruiter asked me about my past employment, basic technical questions, and my availability. I applied through WorkinTexas.com by sending the recruiter my resume by email. I got an email to do an aptitude test. After that, I got an email scheduling an interview with the recruiter. The whole process took three weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a very casual one. Dress attire is very casual and not relaxed. Do not wear a suit they don't care. The interview seems to be conducted by employees themselves. It's very scripted and elementary. They ask you a couple personality/customer service questions followed by some very simple technical questions. The interview is a very short one. If you're good at interviews you'll pass with flying colors.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used cPanel?   1 Answer

Junior Administrator I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HostGator.com.

Interview

The interview process was pretty good. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, and then she scheduled me for an onsite interview with a manager. She sent me an e-mail confirmation with study materials. I spent a few hours looking over the e-mail with all the links. I called and asked about cPanel and WHM, and the recruiter helped with what to study to learn what I needed to know about Linux and cPanel. I did have to call several times, but my class ended up being huge. They were doing a huge hiring push at the time.

Interview Questions

• What is your cPanel experience?   1 Answer

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HostGator.com.

Interview

first applied, and got a call shortly after. i was scheduled to interview on the phone, but never got a call. then, i was emailed saying missed my interview & i was supposed to interview there. (recruiter at the time didn't do too well at her job) but i was told to come in to interview and got the job the same day

Interview Questions

• what do you know about cpanel?   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HostGator.com in January 2015.

Interview

Took about two weeks total after recruiter called me.Had my interview , and 2 days later got my offer via email. If you review the links they send you, you'll be fine. But STUDY!.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. I talked to a recruiting lady, and she sold me on the job. We then and an onsite interview. She called me the same day to offer the position. I was surprised it was pretty easy, but I studied the topics she mentioned over the phone the first time we spoke, and i am glad I did study.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's the same for everyone in my role.

Linux Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HostGator.com (Austin, TX).

Interview

Everything was fast and accepted the offer they made me. If you are confident and know linux you should have no issues. It is all basic linux question and troubleshooting stuff.

Chat Tech I Interview

Interview

Need to know about basic DNS A name, Cname, and MX record DNS propagation, etc How would you provide excellent customer services Also mention flexible schedule as well as being able to work under high stress and fast pace environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiation as i know it is not going to matter a lot

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HostGator.com.

Interview

You submit an application, they schedule you to come in. You are shuffled into a waiting area where there's a few more people milling about. One by one you are taken to a glass room where 1 or 2 people will ask you general questions about FTP, hosting, Wordpress, databases, etc. I'm not sure if they were actually judging on your demeanor under pressure or the correctness of your answers. I didn't feel confident leaving but they called me that same day to offer me the job. You are then hired into a "class" and you have to wait for your class to fill up with about 15 people who will be taught alongside you in a classroom-like area of the building (computers and all). You then go through a few weeks of learning about the company, memorizing the names of the founders and dates and things, what all the Hosting comprised of, building your own website (they give you your own personal server space for free, as long as you stay at HostGator), and then mock calls and chat sessions. Then, after weeks, you "graduate" or "fail" and either go home or stay at HostGator and start.

Interview Questions

• They will trip you up and ask you the difference between two site elements that are pretty much the same, but I don't think they really judge you on your answers, just want to know if you'll be honest about what you REALLY know and don't.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set.

Junior Administrative Interview

Interview

I applied online. The next day I scheduled an interview. I was interviewed in person, and they asked me about myself and experience. It was somewhat informal, but to the point. I felt very comfortable. They asked me basic technical questions, and also a bit about my personaility.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short and sweet