Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at HostGator.com
- Linux Systems Administrator I (17)
- Technical Support Representative (10)
- Chat Tech (6)
- Junior Administrator I (6)
- Junior Administrator (5)
- Junior Administrative (4)
- Chat Tech I (3)
- Linux Systems Administrator II (3)
- Tech Support (3)
- Linux Administrator I (2)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Junior Systems Administrator (2)
- Linux Administrator (2)
- Linux Systems Administrator (1)
- Account Manager (1)
- Technical Support Representative I (1)
- Linux Systems Administrator I-lll (1)
- Junior Billing Administrative (1)
- Migrations Administrator I (1)
- Junior Administrator Level II (1)
- Junior Administrative Interview (1)
Tech Support Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in April 2012.
I applied online and was contacted via email to call a number to set up an interview. I set up the interview and was interviewed within the same week. I was asked a lot of technical questions and knew the answers to all of the questions except for one. I was also asked about how I would handle various customer service issues, as well as my schedule and income preferences.
I was able to negotiate the schedule that I wanted (except that I was told that new people have to work at least one weekend day), and I was also able to negotiate a higher-than-average (though still low) starting salary.
Other Interview Reviews for HostGator.com
Tech Support InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in November 2010.
The interview was very detailed. They wanted to know what I knew in reference to hosting and web services. Overall they wanted to know if i was teachable.
- What port would you use for TCP/IP 1 Answer
Tech Support InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at HostGator.com (Houston, TX) in August 2009.
I was applying from 2400 miles away so my interview process was most likely nn standard. I applied online, and googled some HR email info. Sent emails to keep my name on the radar. Eventually was phone interviewed for an linux admin position, which I did not want, but they seemed to need badly. Called back within 2 weeks and offered the position.