HostGator.com

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at HostGator.com in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very detailed. They wanted to know what I knew in reference to hosting and web services. Overall they wanted to know if i was teachable.

Interview Question – What port would you use for TCP/IP   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HostGator.com in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via email to call a number to set up an interview. I set up the interview and was interviewed within the same week. I was asked a lot of technical questions and knew the answers to all of the questions except for one. I was also asked about how I would handle various customer service issues, as well as my schedule and income preferences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the schedule that I wanted (except that I was told that new people have to work at least one weekend day), and I was also able to negotiate a higher-than-average (though still low) starting salary.

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HostGator.com in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was applying from 2400 miles away so my interview process was most likely nn standard. I applied online, and googled some HR email info. Sent emails to keep my name on the radar. Eventually was phone interviewed for an linux admin position, which I did not want, but they seemed to need badly. Called back within 2 weeks and offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for HostGator.com? Contribute to the Community!