HostGator.com

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Support
Houston, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at HostGator.com in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very detailed. They wanted to know what I knew in reference to hosting and web services. Overall they wanted to know if i was teachable.

Interview Question – What port would you use for TCP/IP   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HostGator.com in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via email to call a number to set up an interview. I set up the interview and was interviewed within the same week. I was asked a lot of technical questions and knew the answers to all of the questions except for one. I was also asked about how I would handle various customer service issues, as well as my schedule and income preferences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the schedule that I wanted (except that I was told that new people have to work at least one weekend day), and I was also able to negotiate a higher-than-average (though still low) starting salary.

Very Easy Interview

Tech Support
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HostGator.com in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was applying from 2400 miles away so my interview process was most likely nn standard. I applied online, and googled some HR email info. Sent emails to keep my name on the radar. Eventually was phone interviewed for an linux admin position, which I did not want, but they seemed to need badly. Called back within 2 weeks and offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None

Interviews for Top Jobs at HostGator.com

Worked for HostGator.com? Contribute to the Community!

HostGator.com Videos

HostGator.com – Why Work for Us?

HostGator.com LLC is a world-leading provider of shared, reseller, VPS and dedicated web hosting. Founded in 2002, HostGator has grown into an industry recognized hosting provider with over 15,000 servers currently… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HostGator.com Tech Support interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by HostGator.com employees and interview candidates.