Hostess Brands Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.4

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Loader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview

When I was hired on with Hostess, you needed to know someone in order to get in. Many people got in either through family, or through friends. Some people who had been within some aspect of the business (whether it be cake, bread or beverage sales) made their own way in. No difficult in the interview process, mostly do you think you can stand and bend and lift all day.

Interview Questions

• The job was not a technical job and the interview questions that were most in depth asked about math. I.e. There are 9 loaves of bread on a tray, 28 trays on a rack. How many loaves of bread; answer 252   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union contract . The New Hostess no longer is unionized

National Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview

Applied online. Typical bureaucratic process. Was very difficult to get a hold of them after the interview. They were very stand offish. Eventually, much to my surprise, I had heard nothing from them after waiting for a very long time. I would not really recommend them because it was difficult to get a hold of contacts and they were unreliable in the process.

Interview Questions

• What was a process you invented that improved your last employer?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview

When I was hired back in 1988 there was not much of an interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (La Crosse, WI) in September 2012.

Interview

i didn't have to dress up nice so that was cool, it was very low key, it was not very formal, and she actually told me about how much the other candidates weren't a good fit for the job. Not many questions about my past experience either

Interview Questions

• What's your past experience?   1 Answer

Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roscoe, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Roscoe, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I had one interview with the two bosses there. They were very friendly and laid back and awesome to work with. They pretty much told me I had the job. I had to wait two or 3 weeks before I actually got hired. they did a very thorough back ground check. After all of that it was pretty much easy.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me a lot of hard or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When can you start?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Chandler, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty easy since I very much understood the business. I sat down and talked to the District Sales Manager and then he offered me the job. If I knew at the time that Hostess would go out of business in a little more than a year, I would have went somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous DSD experience.   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Springs, WY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Rock Springs, WY) in April 2011.

Interview

First began by applying online via hostess brands.com Then submitting information to create an account. Then wait for recruiter to contact you. Next set up first interview with time date and location after phone screen. Next have second interview with field human resource manager. The next interview was with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations happened during interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Baltimore, MD) in November 2010.

Interview

Review your resume with the branch manager. You must ask all questions about pay, benefits,training etc. If you do not ask you will never know. Too much probing just to get information an employer normally discloses at the interview. Next interview you must "role play" a sales pitch to showy your skills.Long waits because Mgr. does multiple interviews at the same time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Tampa, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online through there company website. I received a phone interview about a week later, than I was called into an interview by the District Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.