Hostess Brands

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operator Interview

Operator

I applied online and interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview Details – Easy Interview

Interview Question – What was your last job duties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Loader Interview

Loader

I applied in-person and interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview Details – When I was hired on with Hostess, you needed to know someone in order to get in. Many people got in either through family, or through friends. Some people who had been within some aspect of the business (whether it be cake, bread or beverage sales) made their own way in. No difficult in the interview process, mostly do you think you can stand and bend and lift all day.

Interview Question – The job was not a technical job and the interview questions that were most in depth asked about math. I.e. There are 9 loaves of bread on a tray, 28 trays on a rack. How many loaves of bread; answer 252   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Union contract . The New Hostess no longer is unionized

Route Sales Representative Interview

Route Sales Representative
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hostess Brands in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online through there company website. I received a phone interview about a week later, than I was called into an interview by the District Sales Manager.

Interview Question – There was not any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

National Sales Interview

National Sales

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview Details – Applied online. Typical bureaucratic process. Was very difficult to get a hold of them after the interview. They were very stand offish. Eventually, much to my surprise, I had heard nothing from them after waiting for a very long time. I would not really recommend them because it was difficult to get a hold of contacts and they were unreliable in the process.

Interview Question – What was a process you invented that improved your last employer?   Answer Question

Loader Interview

Loader
Roscoe, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hostess Brands in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the two bosses there. They were very friendly and laid back and awesome to work with. They pretty much told me I had the job. I had to wait two or 3 weeks before I actually got hired. they did a very thorough back ground check. After all of that it was pretty much easy.

Interview Question – They did not ask me a lot of hard or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When can you start?

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview Details – When I was hired back in 1988 there was not much of an interview process

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
Rock Springs, WY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hostess Brands in April 2011.

Interview Details – First began by applying online via hostess brands.com Then submitting information to create an account. Then wait for recruiter to contact you. Next set up first interview with time date and location after phone screen. Next have second interview with field human resource manager. The next interview was with the regional manager.

Interview Question – What is your expected salary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations happened during interview

Fleet Clerk Interview

Fleet Clerk
Knoxville, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hostess Brands in October 2009.

Interview Details – Had to go register with the local unemployment office to even apply and bring them a copy of registration. Once I gave them it, I had to fill out a basic employment application. HR reviewed it and said they would be in touch if they were interested. I got a call asking if I could interview with the Fleet Manager which I accepted. I met with the Fleet Manager which on the application it talked about experience with Logistics and using Fleet Management Software. During the interview we briefly talked about these metrics and the knowledge of them and more about how good I was with ordering parts through internet based programs and filing paperwork. I knew from the beginning this was not going to be fun as my college degree was worth so much more but I was out of work and needed income for a period of time. I was offered the job but was told that I was probably overqualified for the position. Needless to say I took the job and lived in misery for about a year.

Interview Question – How do you feel about filing paperwork?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hostess Brands in November 2010.

Interview Details – Review your resume with the branch manager. You must ask all questions about pay, benefits,training
etc. If you do not ask
you will never know. Too much probing just to get information an employer normally discloses at the interview. Next interview you must "role play" a sales pitch to showy your skills.Long waits because Mgr. does multiple interviews at the same time.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Route Sales Representative Interview

Route Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview Details – Interview process included driving down to the bakery in Illinios, spent time with the Human Resources Manager and other hiring officials. Had to present a valid drivers liscence and was asked typical questions that an HR official would ask. It was quite a few years ago for me, so I am a bit fuzzy on the details.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hostess Brands

Worked for Hostess Brands? Contribute to the Community!