Hostess Brands Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.4

Fleet Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hostess Brands (Knoxville, TN) in October 2009.

Interview

Had to go register with the local unemployment office to even apply and bring them a copy of registration. Once I gave them it, I had to fill out a basic employment application. HR reviewed it and said they would be in touch if they were interested. I got a call asking if I could interview with the Fleet Manager which I accepted. I met with the Fleet Manager which on the application it talked about experience with Logistics and using Fleet Management Software. During the interview we briefly talked about these metrics and the knowledge of them and more about how good I was with ordering parts through internet based programs and filing paperwork. I knew from the beginning this was not going to be fun as my college degree was worth so much more but I was out of work and needed income for a period of time. I was offered the job but was told that I was probably overqualified for the position. Needless to say I took the job and lived in misery for about a year.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about filing paperwork?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview

Interview process included driving down to the bakery in Illinios, spent time with the Human Resources Manager and other hiring officials. Had to present a valid drivers liscence and was asked typical questions that an HR official would ask. It was quite a few years ago for me, so I am a bit fuzzy on the details.

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hostess Brands in December 2011.

Interview

Asked detailed sales questions...how you would approach new customers.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult time with a former employee?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hostess Brands in April 2009.

Interview

The first interview was more or less a casual conversation covering everything from prior work experience to sports and cars, before leaving I filled out an employment application as well as some other forms and awaited contact, after 2 days I returned to do a formal interview with the area manager and the HR department which entailed a series of "what if" and "tell me a time when" type of canned questions after which compensation was discussed. After the second interview I was given a timed computer based problem solving test that was roughly 100 questions which wasn't too difficult, I was offered the job a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best cantidate for this job? What do you have to offer that others do not?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hostess Brands in January 2009.

Interview

At the time I interviewed, I went through 1 with just me and the DSM, and the next with me 2 DSMs and there boss the state mngr. I went through a 3 week process. What I see now these guys come in with blue jeans and t shirts, I-View with a DSM, and a week later they throw them on a route and wonder why they quit ,and/or cant finish the route. It seems there looking for a warm body that can pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you witness one of your fellow employees doing wrong, would you tell managment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiate? What, You better take what they offer, and that tends to change to the negitive over time.