Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hostway
- Linux Systems Administrator (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Product Marketing Manager (1)
- Web Solution Associate (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Hostway in March 2013.
Very, rigorous. Several phone interviews, in person interviews, plus a "homework" assignment which included the creation of a powerpoint presentation, a web landing page and several PPC ads
- Question regarding what I like to do in my spare time. I found it somewhat unprofessional, 1 Answer
I was able to negotiate a higher salary when they had initially said they could not go any higher. I was also able to negotiate less time in San Antonio and more time in my home town which meant less commuting and more working from home. Overall there was some give and take although I don't feel that they were 100% honest during the process with what they COULD do, only about what they would do. Big difference.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Hostway (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in May 2014.
First a guy from an HR agency asked me if I am interested in the company and what they do and I agreed to send him my recent CV. After that before the interview they asked me to choose from 3 different problems and to solve one of them at home and send it to them. After that they invited me for an interview. There were 6 people interviewing me - 4 of them at the interview site and 2 were connected with us by a teleconference call. They asked me many different but not very difficult questions.
- Nothing to be noted really maybe except one of the the problems they gave me to choose from and make it at home - of implementing an algorithm for Directed Cyclic Graph, which finds the paths with a given cost between two nodes. There were few variations of that problem including finding the path with minimum cost between two nodes. Answer Question
I was able to negotiate my salary and almost nothing else.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Hostway in July 2009.
It was a quite simple interview in deed. I was asked couple of questions related to internet communication engineering. Aptitude test was quite simple and had an essay to write. It was a good experience.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Hostway (London, England (UK)) in June 2009.
Turned into a very unstructured interview as it rapidly became clear that the interviewer did not want to hire me because of my age - it seemed he expected me to want to sit behind a desk and tell people what to do rather than get "stuck in". I've never been that type of person, but he wasn't going to be persuaded.
- Gave a detailed exam but didn't allow me to complete it. Many questions were of the type that you're refer to documentation to answer. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review