Hot Topic Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

Wasn't like any interview I've ever been in. Very rushed and felt like the interview didn't really matter. Like they already had who the wanted and nothing I said made a difference.

Interview Questions

• There was really no questions. Just asked why I wanted the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hot Topic

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the store manger and the second with a district manager. They kept communication with me as easy as possible and made sure I was comfortable with the process.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were really casual and they wanted to know more about my personality.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

The interview process can sometimes take a while. You may need to meet with a few different managers over the course of a month or so before they make a final decision.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would absolutely try to negotiate your salary. Hot Topic likes to start on the low end. Take this advice ESPECIALLY if you are getting promoted internally.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Hot Topic (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Two interviews. mostly my prior knowledge about pop culture and past manager expierience

Interview Questions

• something that was difficult and also challenging in my past employer job   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hot Topic (Dublin, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Most important: Can you add on to sales naturally? Do you ask open ended questions? How important is product knowledge? How do you handle customer objections? How important is greeting to you? Are you a self starter? How motivated are you?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is 0 negotiating. In the end I was not getting paid enough for all the responsibilities and expectations put on me. Also, after 3.5 years I only saw 1 raise and that was only from a promotion.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hot Topic in November 2009.

Interview

Contacted by email by a recruiter with their interest in me. They may have got my resume from the internet. Monster perhaps. I emailed back expressing that the interest was mutual. Very pleasant conversation for phone screening was small talk. What music did I like? A little bit about myself....etc. Then they will decide if you get a phone interview. With the same person but this one is real interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses. Could I pass a background check, etc. You will know right away concluding this if you will make it further in the process. They will tell you that they are sendinghe your info to a district manager. Within a week you should have a time for a face to face. From there you should know if you have the job but there are several outcomes. You will fill out some background forms and you should expect an offer if you can pass that and a credit check. You may get a second interview if they are on the fence. Or nothing, go brush up on your interviewing skills. Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• 3 Strengths and 3 weakness. I am usually prepared for one of these, but 3 was difficult mostly for weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me a wage and the position and I accepted it. There is no room for negotiation. It is a firm offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hot Topic in June 2008.

Interview

Very easy. Asked basic questions about my experience. Asked what did I have to offer the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate my pay. Just let them know what you want to be paid. They are very open. Will compromise if can't give you what you want.