Hot Topic

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Hot Topic

Interview Details – Applied online, then came into the store. The manager interviewed me on the spot. Needless to say, I was flustered.

Interview Question – What is a difficult situation that you got your way out of?   Answer Question

Annapolis, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hot Topic in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was professional but laid-back - dress requirements were casual, but clean. Management was genial and up-front and, while no-nonsense, not terribly demanding. Questions asked were relevant and on-point, without seeming too canned or corporate-drone. Props for being one of the most "human" interviews I've ever been through.

Interview Question – "Can you tell me about a time when..." - I always have the most difficult time with these kinds of questions.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hot Topic in November 2013.

Interview Details – I really really wanted to get hired, but was afraid that I botched up, because I was so nervous, and because there was a lot of people interviewing today. For this interview, I dressed how I would dress if I worked there, except I went a little bit more "fashionable"? Anyways, smile, and be sure you know about pop culture, including video games. One of the questions, they ask me was "What would you recommend someone who played the Legend of Zelda?"

Interview Question – I think the most unexpected question was, "when you go shopping, do you go to shop, or do you talk to people?''   Answer Question

Forest Park, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Hot Topic in June 2007.

Interview Details – I first overheard from a customer about the hiring. I immediately applied. After a week, I got a call. During the first interview they had 20 people. They asked a series of questions of customer service and how we would address it if there were problems. Most of all, as each interview progressed, people decreased in numbers. Out of 20, there were 8 left from the interview that got hired. It was difficult.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hot Topic

Worked for Hot Topic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hot Topic Cashier interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hot Topic employees and interview candidates.