Hot Topic Internet Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Internet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (City of Industry, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Don't wear a suit!! To fit into the casual atmosphere, HR told me in advance not to wear a suit and they were right. I wore nice jeans and a t-shirt that I bought at Hot Topic and fit in perfectly. I met with 3 people not including HR and they were all very kind and made me feel comfortable. They are looking for people who have a passion for music - ANY music, not just Hot Topic bands - that can connect with their customer base.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hot Topic? What kind of music do you listen to? What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but they did not budge on their base salary. They did, however, provide me with a signing bonus and relocation assistance.