Hot Topic Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hot Topic (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy, the whole process from interview to start date was about two weeks. Just go in confident and friendly and it's easy. The interviewer was really great and walking up to her I basically acted as if we had been friends for a while and we hit it off nicely.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hot Topic in March 2015.

Interview

After setting up an interview, I met with the Store Manager and we sat out in the mall for the interview. She asked me a few questions regarding current music and pop culture and even asked about my favorite music and pop culture franchises. After a couple days I received a phone call from the Store Manager offering me a position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hot Topic in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online then got called a few weeks later to come in the next day for an interview. The interview was short (about 15 minutes). She asked really easy questions, asked me about my availability then offered me the job on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What kind of music do you listen to?
      What shows are you currently watching?
      Tell about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it.
      What previous sales experience I had,

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

The process took about two weeks and i applied in.store and asked to speak to the hiring manager and got called back for an interview a week later and back for another interview it was a pretty easy interview they just want to know how familiar you are with their merchandise

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

This was a few years ago (before I advanced in the company), but my best friend who worked at HT recommended me to her store manager. He called me and set up an interview. First time meeting. We sat on a mall bench and he asked me some standard questions, it really only lasted for about 20 or so minutes. He offered me a job on the spot and that led to 5 awesome years at the coolest store in the mall.

Interview Questions

• "What were you listening to in the car on the way here?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered minimum wage, as expected. Not much negotiation, but I did receive raises later on as I advanced in the company.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

After visiting the store the manager contacted me 2 days later for an interview. The interview begins with questions about what are your favorite bands, movies, tv shows, and if you have any knowledge of anime. The rest are standard interview questions such as if you have previous work experience and how flexible you are with your schedule. 2 days after the interview I was offered a position and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I filled out and handed in an application in the store, then got a call the next day to come in for an interview the day after. I was asked about the reasons I applied at Hot Topic, did I have any knowledge of anime, have you ever caught someone stealing, etc. The interviewer was personable and we chatted for a bit in between questions. She asked about any prior experience in retail and liked that I had worked in stock. I got a call later informing me I had been hired and went in for training the next day.

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hot Topic (Grapevine, TX).

Interview

I was asked a few basic questions about my customer service experience, scenarios about someone stealing, the type of music I listened too (make sure you mention bands they sell in the store) and tell them you follow the 'Hot Topic' of popularity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hot Topic (Las Cruces, NM).

Interview

Simple one on one interview in food court. Manager was very personable and he liked that I had a lot of customer service background. Even though I had no previous retail experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hot Topic (Savannah, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to my local Hot Topic and talked to the manager, I asked if they were hiring. He said yes and that i should go online and print and fill out an application. I returned to the store turned in my application the manager asked me some quick questions about my application and scheduling then asked me if I could come in for an interview in 2 days. This was my first ever interview and it was pretty relaxed and not as bad as i expected. The manager and I talked and got along pretty well. I am currently waiting to hear back on whether or not i got the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pick two items from the store, one I really liked and another that i did not like at all, the manager then asked me to try and sell the items to her.   Answer Question