Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hot Topic
- Sales Associate (44)
- Hot Topic Sales Associate (26)
- Store Manager (8)
- Assistant Manager (7)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (7)
- Part Time Assistant Manager (5)
- Cashier (4)
- Full Time Assistant Manager (3)
- Key Holder (3)
- Keyholder (2)
- IT Manager (2)
- Senior Technical Designer (1)
- Buyer (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Allocation Analyst (1)
- Assistant Store Manager (1)
- Finance (1)
- Retail Store Manager (1)
- Customer Service (1)
- District Manager (1)
- Retail (1)
- Hot Topic Sales Associate (Seasonal) (1)
- Manager (1)
- Internet (1)
- Make Up Industriy (1)
- Third Key Holer (1)
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.
The process took forever I had to wait a week between two separate interviews. The first one was a pretty standard one on one interview with the manager but the second one was a group interview between me and like 5 other girls with the district manager about a week later.
- Just standard interview questions why do you want to work her strengths weaknesses sales experience what do you bring to the table ect. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral Experience
I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.
The interviewer made me very comfortable, this was an interview over the phone before getting called into for an actual in-person interview. The interviewer had asked a lot of questions pertaining to my background from college and not much from my experience from my previous jobs. I guess this is for them to see if I am considered a possible candidate for them.
- how well do you know excel? Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Alpharetta, GA).
Walked in to ask for app . Brief convo with SM and we had great vibes . Had me do app online and called me two days later for an interview. One week later I had an interview with the district manager. Went we'll, the part that took long was the background check. I was honest & let them know about my record & to my surpise I still got the job . Overall, took about 3& a half weeks . No drug test
- Ask about pop culture and anime(which I knew nothing about) Answer Question
I had to take a pay cut, there's really no room for negotiation
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Ventura, CA) in August 2015.
I had already applied online just in case, an then dropped a resume in the actual store. Shortly after i had an interview three days after dropping the resume. Easy as that I passed the interview and got the job !
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
Went in the store and handed in my resume to the manager. Was called the following week. Went for a group interview was called the same day that I got the job.
- How do you deal with theft? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Salem, NH) in July 2015.
I applied online back in May and got a call mid July to come in for an interview. 3The assistant manager walked me over to the food court and we made some small talk about their business before sitting down. It wasn't impossible to hear her and she asked pretty basic questions such as "Why Hot Topic?", "What's the best customer service you've ever had?", "What would you do about stealing?, "How would you greet customers?", etc. She also asked about my favorite bands and pop culture icons. I was offered a second interview on the spot.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic in July 2015.
Very easy going in person interview, was given an interview with district manager. Was then given the link to filing a background check on my own, waited 2 weeks, background check came back clear yet the offer was never given. If a background check is done; it doesn't mean they are interested all the time.
- What was one mistake you made as an assistant manager at your previous job? How did you learn from it? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (City of Industry, CA) in July 2015.
Interviewed with a senior technical designer and the VP --- all extremely positive. Also interviewed with the hiring manager. Experience was so-so. I don't think I clicked with her. Come to find out, she is very good friends with my current boss. Also, when HR called to interview me by phone, the position was not clarified and it is for a category that is not my forte. My expertise is clearly stated on my resume. So, not sure where the miscommunication happened.
- There is not one particular thing that stood out. We talked about "day in the life of" and I discussed how I proceeded with my work on a regular day. 1 Answer
Helpful (7)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Bloomington, MN).
When I handed in my application and resume, I was interviewed on the spot. I wasn't expecting to do so. I advise you to be prepared just in case. I was then asked to come back and do a second interview. They asked general questions as well as questions involving my knowledge with the company's product. My manager at my location asks a specific question "If you are planned to work and did not request a certain day off, and your favorite band was in town for a concert that day would you work or go to the concert?" I answered correctly obviously. I don't understand how anyone looking for a job would answer differently. But I was informed that I would be surprised on how many people they get who choose the latter.
- "If you are planned to work and did not request a certain day off, and your favorite band was in town for a concert that day would you work or go to the concert?" 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hot Topic.
I was key holder and got promoted up to PTASM very easily, so I didn't have to do an interview. But considering it's HT, they just want to know if you're trustworthy, know how to sell and not take No for an answer, up to date on trends and pop culture, have a very energetic and spunky personality, and if you can devote pretty much a guaranteed 32 hours to the store. You might also be given scenarios of things to sell to the store manager or DM giving the interview, so let your personality shine.
- Name your favorite albums that have just been released? What's the latest concert you've attended? If you caught someone stealing merch, what would you do? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review