Hot Topic Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hot Topic in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online then got called a few weeks later to come in the next day for an interview. The interview was short (about 15 minutes). She asked really easy questions, asked me about my availability then offered me the job on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What kind of music do you listen to?
      What shows are you currently watching?
      Tell about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it.
      What previous sales experience I had,

Answer Question

Hot Topic Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hot Topic (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I turned in an application in person, i got an interview rather quickly from what I remember. The manager was extremely friendly. I was asked hypothetical work experience questions if i do remember correctly. I actually did a small amount of hands on work for the interview process, i greeted customers and things of that sort, (they were probably making sure i have an upbeat personality). She then asked about my previous work experience there was no 2nd interview, And i was told i got the job that same day! Loved working there.

Interview Questions

• Hands on, greeted customers, what was your previous work experience, why do you want to work for Hot Topic.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hot Topic in March 2015.

Interview

After setting up an interview, I met with the Store Manager and we sat out in the mall for the interview. She asked me a few questions regarding current music and pop culture and even asked about my favorite music and pop culture franchises. After a couple days I received a phone call from the Store Manager offering me a position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hot Topic (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy, the whole process from interview to start date was about two weeks. Just go in confident and friendly and it's easy. The interviewer was really great and walking up to her I basically acted as if we had been friends for a while and we hit it off nicely.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hot Topic (Pleasant Hill, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The first time I went in, I had talked to one of the managers and he liked me very much. I turned in a resume and he asked me to come over to the rock wall, which is where we keep all of our rock t shirts. And he asked me to explain these bands to me if as he had never heard of them before. In my head I thought to my self thank you Mom and Dad. I grew up listening to classic rock so I was fine. Expect for metal and screamo not my music scene. He offered me the job right there. I didn't have my birth certificate though. So I came back the next day and I was hired. They also have you come in and be a greeter to see how you are with memorizing sales. Also be loud if they have you do this. It gets very loud in the store.

Interview Questions

• Explain rock wall as if I have never heard of these bands.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Hot Topic   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

The process took about two weeks and i applied in.store and asked to speak to the hiring manager and got called back for an interview a week later and back for another interview it was a pretty easy interview they just want to know how familiar you are with their merchandise

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hot Topic in October 2014.

Interview

Easy process, manager asks you basic questions like is this your first job even though they have your resume right in their hands. What type of music do you like,

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hot Topic in October 2014.

Interview

I printed out an application and handed it in in-store. I got called to come in for a group interview with two other candidates. I made sure to be the first one to speak up and to seem energetic. I was told that I did well, but that I could have talked even more than I already did.

I got called back for a second interview with just the manager that wasn't much of an interview. She mostly just asked my availability and said she'd look it over. A couple days later I was called and offered the position and I accepted.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

This was a few years ago (before I advanced in the company), but my best friend who worked at HT recommended me to her store manager. He called me and set up an interview. First time meeting. We sat on a mall bench and he asked me some standard questions, it really only lasted for about 20 or so minutes. He offered me a job on the spot and that led to 5 awesome years at the coolest store in the mall.

Interview Questions

• "What were you listening to in the car on the way here?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered minimum wage, as expected. Not much negotiation, but I did receive raises later on as I advanced in the company.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hot Topic in October 2011.

Interview

I knew someone so they got me an application and face to face meeting with the store manager. I was asked to come in and meet with the SM and district manager. The store manager couldn't care less about what I had to say, but my district manager was very interested and upbeat. I got the job nonetheless

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about what I would do if I caught and employee or customer stealing. After I gave my answer, which they said was good, the next 5 questions were about that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because it was a lot more than my last job.