Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hot Topic
- Sales Associate (41)
- Hot Topic Sales Associate (23)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (7)
- Assistant Manager (7)
- Store Manager (7)
- Part Time Assistant Manager (4)
- Cashier (4)
- Key Holder (3)
- Keyholder (2)
- IT Manager (2)
- Full Time Assistant Manager (2)
- Customer Service (1)
- District Manager (1)
- Retail (1)
- Manager (1)
- Internet (1)
- Make Up Industriy (1)
- Third Key Holer (1)
- Buyer (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Assistant Store Manager (1)
- Finance (1)
- Retail Store Manager (1)
- Hot Topic Sales Associate (Seasonal) (1)
I applied in-person – interviewed at Hot Topic in January 2015.
I was suggested by management for a promotion from sales associate to key holder, so I didn't need to apply again. All I was required to do was sit with the District Manager for a short interview. It was intimidating but with some confidence, honest self-assessment, and knowledge of the store and business, it went very well.
- Is there a difference between management and leadership? 1 Answer
- What do you think is the best way to prevent loss? 1 Answer
- Tell me an area of your work performance that can use the most improvement. How are you working towards improving it? Answer Question
- What is your management style? Answer Question
- Describe the best/worst manager you've ever had. What should they have done differently? Answer Question
I was given an hourly pay that was different from what was agreed to during this phase. Biggest lesson learned: get your negotiated pay in writing.
Other Interview Reviews for Hot Topic
Keyholder InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Hot Topic in June 2010.
I was recruited by the store manager but that is not a likely situation. Typically you'll submit an application, wait for a call back (they hate when you call, but going in is a good idea). It took me about a week to get an interview scheduled. The interview was easy. Questions like "how much is it okay to steal?" "if you were a type of candy, what would you be and why?" questions about your music tastes, etc. I heard back about a week later.
- What kind of candy would you be and why? 1 Answer