Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went in the store and handed in my resume to the manager. Was called the following week. Went for a group interview was called the same day that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hot Topic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hot Topic (Salem, NH) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online back in May and got a call mid July to come in for an interview. 3The assistant manager walked me over to the food court and we made some small talk about their business before sitting down. It wasn't impossible to hear her and she asked pretty basic questions such as "Why Hot Topic?", "What's the best customer service you've ever had?", "What would you do about stealing?, "How would you greet customers?", etc. She also asked about my favorite bands and pop culture icons. I was offered a second interview on the spot.

Interview Questions

• "What is the worst customer service you ever had?"   Answer Question
    • "Who is your favorite pop culture icon we sell?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hot Topic (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

When I handed in my application and resume, I was interviewed on the spot. I wasn't expecting to do so. I advise you to be prepared just in case. I was then asked to come back and do a second interview. They asked general questions as well as questions involving my knowledge with the company's product. My manager at my location asks a specific question "If you are planned to work and did not request a certain day off, and your favorite band was in town for a concert that day would you work or go to the concert?" I answered correctly obviously. I don't understand how anyone looking for a job would answer differently. But I was informed that I would be surprised on how many people they get who choose the latter.

Interview Questions

• "If you are planned to work and did not request a certain day off, and your favorite band was in town for a concert that day would you work or go to the concert?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hot Topic (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy, the whole process from interview to start date was about two weeks. Just go in confident and friendly and it's easy. The interviewer was really great and walking up to her I basically acted as if we had been friends for a while and we hit it off nicely.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hot Topic in March 2015.

Interview

After setting up an interview, I met with the Store Manager and we sat out in the mall for the interview. She asked me a few questions regarding current music and pop culture and even asked about my favorite music and pop culture franchises. After a couple days I received a phone call from the Store Manager offering me a position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hot Topic in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online then got called a few weeks later to come in the next day for an interview. The interview was short (about 15 minutes). She asked really easy questions, asked me about my availability then offered me the job on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What kind of music do you listen to? What shows are you currently watching? Tell about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it. What previous sales experience I had,   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

The process took about two weeks and i applied in.store and asked to speak to the hiring manager and got called back for an interview a week later and back for another interview it was a pretty easy interview they just want to know how familiar you are with their merchandise

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hot Topic (Savannah, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to my local Hot Topic and talked to the manager, I asked if they were hiring. He said yes and that i should go online and print and fill out an application. I returned to the store turned in my application the manager asked me some quick questions about my application and scheduling then asked me if I could come in for an interview in 2 days. This was my first ever interview and it was pretty relaxed and not as bad as i expected. The manager and I talked and got along pretty well. I am currently waiting to hear back on whether or not i got the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to pick two items from the store, one I really liked and another that i did not like at all, the manager then asked me to try and sell the items to her.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hot Topic in October 2014.

Interview

Easy process, manager asks you basic questions like is this your first job even though they have your resume right in their hands. What type of music do you like,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hot Topic (Camp Hill, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was more like a general conversation between me and the manager. She asked about my past jobs and certain struggles with it. Then we generally discussed pop culture and items within the store.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time in a past job that you struggled to provide good service? How did you handle it   Answer Question