HotChalk

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.8

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HotChalk.

Phone Screen, three face-to-face panel interviews with up to three interviewers at a time. You will have to interview over a couple of days. The company is slow on scheduling interviews and prefer you come during working hours. Hard to reach HR now (this was my second time applying- first time was it was well ran- they cancelled the position).

Senior Developer Interview

I actually came on as a contractor first, and worked for a few months in this capacity, then was invited to join as a full-time employee. I was interviewed by 8 different people in the department, from people who would be my peers all the way up to the CEO, who likes to meet each new employee in person.

Interview Questions
    I live far enough away from the office that I included telecommuting in my negotiations. They were reluctant at first, but agreed. It has worked out well on both sides.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at HotChalk in March 2014.

Submitted resume. Received a call to review job expectations and general questions. When I received the email confirmation, it stated there would be three interviewers. Not only did I wait a long time, but once we sat down there was much interaction between them (inside jokes, etc). The questions revolved around numbers and performance. Hardly about my skills or what I could contribute. I felt it was unprofessional; halfway through I started asking them questions as I realized I was unimpressed and had decided it's not the place for me.

Interview Questions
    • For a company that's "about the students" they focused way too much on numbers and making their start dates.   Answer Question

Unprofessional interview and impression.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HotChalk.

Hiring and interviewing process was standard- no issues

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HotChalk in January 2013.

I was called and did a fairly quick phone interview by a recruiter. Then I was invited to a panel interview, after the panel interview I was called in for an interview with the Director of Admissions. I was told the CEO typically met with each new hire, but the company was growing too fast and they changed the process.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty standard and there were no difficult questions that stood out.   Answer Question
    There was little negotiating due to the fact Phoenix is a flooded market for Enrollment Specialist. I did see some people get rejected over a 1500 difference after I was hired.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HotChalk in December 2010.

3 rounds of interviews: 1 phone interview, 2 follow-up in person interviews. Last round of interview began and ended with a 1:1 with the CEO, where the second 1:1 resulted in an on the spot offer. Questions were fairly easy and mainly personality-based as this was an entry level position. Friendly people.

Accepted another offer.