HotChalk

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

Interviewed at HotChalk

Interview Details – I actually came on as a contractor first, and worked for a few months in this capacity, then was invited to join as a full-time employee. I was interviewed by 8 different people in the department, from people who would be my peers all the way up to the CEO, who likes to meet each new employee in person.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I live far enough away from the office that I included telecommuting in my negotiations. They were reluctant at first, but agreed. It has worked out well on both sides.

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Enrollment Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HotChalk in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted resume. Received a call to review job expectations and general questions. When I received the email confirmation, it stated there would be three interviewers. Not only did I wait a long time, but once we sat down there was much interaction between them (inside jokes, etc). The questions revolved around numbers and performance. Hardly about my skills or what I could contribute. I felt it was unprofessional; halfway through I started asking them questions as I realized I was unimpressed and had decided it's not the place for me.

Interview Question – For a company that's "about the students" they focused way too much on numbers and making their start dates.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unprofessional interview and impression.

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Enrollment Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HotChalk.

Interview Details – Hiring and interviewing process was standard- no issues

Interview Question – There were not any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Campbell, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HotChalk in December 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews: 1 phone interview, 2 follow-up in person interviews. Last round of interview began and ended with a 1:1 with the CEO, where the second 1:1 resulted in an on the spot offer. Questions were fairly easy and mainly personality-based as this was an entry level position. Friendly people.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted another offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for HotChalk? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HotChalk interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by HotChalk employees and interview candidates.