Hotels at Home

Hotels at Home Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hotels at Home

Customer Relations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hotels at Home.

Applied online. Within few days they scheduled a phone interview showing much interest in me. Very disrespectful interviewer. Immediately, jumped into what I am looking for in a Customer Relations job. She in essence cut me off from my discussion and told me I was overqualified and had too much experience and there was no room for advancement. No sense in getting to know the 'candidate'. Overall, very rude and inconsiderate. Not an attitude to have to keep your company in a good light....

Interview Questions
    • The fact that they didn't even give me 1 minute to explain my experience and immediately concluded that I was not a good candidate for this specific job. Why waste my time if you decided I was too overqualified given my 'resume'? - the purpose of the interview is to explain the resume and give qualified examples.   View Answer

Online Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hotels at Home.

This company is a small operation in small town NJ with a few people overseas (which makes them believe they are a worldclass international company). Telephone interview was condescending and insulting. The person conducting the telphone interview tried to overstretch the allure and glamour of the company while attacking areas of my resume. For someone who is obviously in her 20's and an inexperienced interviewer, she came across as arrogant, obtrusive, and completely unprofessional. Nevertheless, I was called in for an in-person interview and reluctantly accepted. Upon arriving, you have to walk around the entire building to find the entrance which is hidden on the back side of the lot. Then you have to telphone from the vestibule for someone to let you in. Once received, you're brought into a conference room. The first person I met with was the son of the owners who is a Director/VP of International Business (so right away you can tell there's nepotism rampant in the company). During the 45 minute discussion it became obvious that the company has no marketing infrastructure beyond "word of mouth" - which in itself would be fine because they are supposedly looking for a seasoned professional to come in and put together a digital/online strategy. However, as a professional marketing executive, I'm being interviewed by someone who'se experience with marketing is limited to his reading of blogs and articles - thus thinking he's now a "doer" and if he can learn it then it must not be hard. So the tone of the interview is rather condescending as he tries to gauge your level of experience compared to his. After he leaves the room, the creative director comes in. He looks like he doesn't have a clue. He asks a few questions which I answer. I ask him questions to which he looks dumbfounded. He says he only has 5 minutes so we shake hands and he walks out. Then comes in the HR specialist again who says they've decided to go in another direction. So basically, your interview is cut short after being run through the ringer with no chance of further consideration.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hotels at Home in April 2013.

I only enjoyed the interviews with the technical people not the managers. Came across as very condescending. Company has terrible benefits.

Interview Questions

I didn't like the attitude of the people who interviewed me.