Hotels.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

SEM Analyst Interview

SEM Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hotels.com.

Interview Details – The initial communication was good. However, beware because you will be given a case study with long division and other items which have absolutely nothing to do with SEM. I interviewed with a Director who had no SEM experience past the summer of 2013. The interview process is long

Interview Question – Review a brief business case and do the math in your head.   Answer Question

Lodging Support Services Agent Interview

Lodging Support Services Agent
Springfield, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hotels.com in April 2013.

Interview Details – When I went in I listened to calls and the lady was very helpful to the customers. I was then taken to a computer to see if I could navigate the internet. The interviewer was a woman, not personable at all. Dress code is supposed to be business casual but did see a lot of tee shirts and jeans, my kind of comfortable.

Interview Question – None of the questions I thought were bad, or hard. Normal call center questions. Why do you want to work for Expedia? What are your goals?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Inside Sales Agent
Springfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hotels.com in February 2012.

Interview Details – online app, phone interview, job fair interview, work site interview, once onsite you are asked to show your internet skills such as using google maps to find locations.

Interview Question – what have you done to help a customer to exceed their expectations for calling   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, they told you what you were getting, they say you can make $50,000 a year but that is a joke, you will make between $20,000 and $25,000 if you last before quitting. I am now looking for a new job along with many others.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Global Merchandising Manager Interview

Global Merchandising Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hotels.com in August 2012.

Interview Details – Firstly was contacted by a HR person. She asked general questions about my background, previous experience and my interest in the position. Then I had a 40 min phone interview with a hiring manager. First half was about my previous experience on leadership, teamwork, marketing and sales, etc. Then I did a case interview which is typically carried in consulting industry. I did five more interviews with the people above the hiring manager. Most of the interviews took the same format (first half was behavioral interview and the rest was case interview), except one which was all behavioral interview + my knowledge or perspective on the industry. I did not ace the case interview in the final round (7th interview) and did not get the offer.

Interview Question – Case interview - had to do several calculation   Answer Question

Telesales Agent Interview

Telesales Agent
Springfield, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hotels.com in September 2011.

Interview Details – Attended job fair. Interviewed with two supervisors the first time. A follow-up was scheduled the next in the call center with one of the two supervisors, who hired me.

Interview Question – What quality sets you apart from the other attendees at the job fair?   View Answer

Financial Operation Interview

Financial Operation
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hotels.com in January 2008.

Interview Details – pretty easy, same basic questions, test how compentant.

Negotiation Details – usual, you place an offer and they place a counter offer which you must accept

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hotels.com in May 2008.

Interview Details – An external recruiter identified me as a candidate. Prior to speaking with people at Hotels.com, they sent me a set of questions to answer. Upon receipt/screening of the questions, I then connected with an internal recruiter and spoke with the hiring manager. After that, I spoke with another person in the company and was flown in for a series of interviews over the course of a day. It was a great company full of very smart people.

Interview Question – What is an example of a cost saving project that you have completed for your current employer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hotels.com.

Interview Details – Initial email, then a phone call, then an invite into the office. Met a couple of managers who seemed great, then had a number of subsequent interviews ranging from hard-core technical to the more "soft" side, to what seemed like chats. Met a great bunch of people during the process and I felt very relaxed along the way.

Absolutely love the environment. Technically, a lot needs to be improved, and it's happening. It's the perfect time to see a successful organisation transition into an even more successful one.

If you're genuinely talented, decent, friendly and helpful, this place will do you just fine - your colleagues will support you too.

Interview Question – "Ask me three questions about anything. It doesn't matter what they are."

This was particularly challenging as it was said out of context, and it completely put me on the spot as this was within the first 3 minutes of the interview. Top marks to the interviewer for making it a two way process right from the beginning.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Competitive. Just be straight with what you're earning and what your expectations are. If there's no fit, move along.

Software QA Interview

Software QA
London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hotels.com in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for the position directly through their website. Received initial response 2 weeks later. Interview scheduling was very quick. Phone interview with hiring manager took place the same week, for 30 minutes. It sounded like they had already made up their mind to bring me in for a face-to-face interview. By the end of the call, the hiring manager confirmed that they would be scheduling something in-person.

In-person interview took place the following week. Met with 5 people one-on-one, including the hiring manager again. Everything went well; very typical questions were asked. Some situational, some about past experience etc. Nothing too technical. Finally the hiring manager told me that my answers were very good, but not my demeanor (sitting posture, body language etc.). Left me on that note, not knowing which way things were going to go.

Finally I received an email from their HR 10 days later, saying that I had not been successful. This may just be this particular hiring manager's style, but there definitely was undue emphasis on the non-verbal aspects of the interview.

Interview Question – I want you to pretend that you are making me a cup of tea. Narrate each step along the way.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hotels.com? Contribute to the Community!

Hotels.com Videos

Hotels.com – Why Work for Us?

Mission 20 years of great night’s sleep – we’ve been finding great hotel deals for customers like you since 1991 and since then have helped millions find the perfect place to rest their heads. We’re the experts in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hotels.com interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hotels.com employees and interview candidates.