Hotwire Analyst Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient and pleasant. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and the process was followed by a phone screen with the manager and then a in-person interview in San Francisco. The interview went well and it most of it felt like a two-sided conversation more so than a strict interview. I've been wanting to work for Hotwire for a long time so I was very excited for a chance to interview. The recruiting team seems to be very efficient and any changes or questions are addressed fast. This was one of the best interviewing experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I decided not to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Hotwire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The most straight forward process I've every worked with, most people asked job related questions, were professional and timely in their contact and conduct. Process moved at a great pace, Over the best of my life.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle your last negative interaction.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aim High, bargain hard, play hardball and then roll over, it's worth it.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hotwire in June 2009.

Interview

My experience with Hotwire recruiting process has been one that was fair, robust and extremely efficient. I had a phone screen with the hiring manager for approximately 35 minutes. The questions were primarily twofold: resume based questions and some technical questions. Time was equally split. It seemed questions were designed to test analytical skills and unstructured thinking abilities. I was asked a few brain teasers that could be challenging under time pressure. Two days after the phone interview, I had an on-site with HR, senior managers and executives. I think questions were fair - some behavioural, some technical and some revolved around industry knowledge. Sometimes I felt more like having a discussion rather than being part of an interview. Interviewers were humble, affable, respectful, down-to-earth and very smart. I had an offer within 2 days and I took the offer after one day of negotiation. This is probably one of the most efficient and fair interview processes yet in my career.

Interview Questions

• Resume and industry related questions, brain teasers and technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Had a great interview experience with Hotwire and was very impressed by how quickly they worked me through the interview process. They were also very accommodating to my work schedule at my prior job, providing some flexibility for when I interviewed despite the tight timeline they were working under. Overall I was very pleased with the interview process and how seriously the company takes recruiting.

Interview Questions

• For analytical positions, be prepared for some brain teasers to test math skills and thought process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Hotwire has an extremely efficient recruitment process. They take it very seriously and treat their candidates with so much respect. I received an initial phone call from their HR department to schedule a phone interview later in the week. In this call, I was asked several behavioral questions as well as analytical questions. The call went very well and I was informed in less than one day that they wanted to do a second round interview on the phone with the hiring manager. Again, the conversation was primarily about my background but I was given ample amount of time to address questions I had regarding the position and corporate culture. Within 24 hours, I received a call to inform me that I was invited to come into the office to meet a total of 5 Hotwire employees. The interview process involved behavioral skills, logic as well as analytical skills. Within 24 hours, I received an official offer and as you can imagine, I was overwhelmed with the efficiency and professional nature of the Hotwire recruitment process.

Negotiation

While I did not negotiate the offer that Hotwire provided me they were extremeley fair with compensation and have great travel perks!