Hotwire Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.9

Business Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hotwire Communications (Miramar, FL).

Interview

I am not sure how the recruiter found me, but they had a very old resume for me. I was called in for an "exploratory interview" with the owner, which basically means they want to find a fit for you. It's a bit intimidating.
    Once I got to the location, there were several people in the lobby with the same understanding, that they were there for an exploratory interview. I was interviewed by 5 people individually - 3 on the first day including the owner- Kristin Karp, 1 phone interview and 1 additional in-person interview. The questions were confusing, I assuming it was because they did not know what the position would be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.
      What do you consider to be one of your biggest accomplishment professionally?

Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hotwire Communications (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Then phone interview with HR, finally meeting with lead developer. Very friendly and helpful people. This was one of the most streamlined interview processes I've had. Hotwire Communications seems like a great place to work, especially in the IT department.

Interview Questions

• Javascript skills test, PHP skills Test, MySQL Skills Test   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hotwire Communications.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first, then met the president. Spoke with her for about 30 minutes. Then went back in with the recruiter. Pretty easy process. Got an offer about a week later. Started the job that following week. Overall process was fairly smooth and everyone was pretty friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience/resume.   1 Answer

Senior Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire Communications (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

had 1 phone interview and an inperson interview with 4 people. the interview time was about 4 hours. i was asked many technical questions and math related questions. the interview process was smooth and fast.

Interview Questions

• unexpected question was "how long have you been married for?" I totally did not expect that.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hotwire Communications (Miami, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

met with a few people. got an offer within a month. countered and it took anaohter month. noticed h=the bathrooms were filthy. held it in til i could find something better

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wynnewood, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hotwire Communications (Wynnewood, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

I placed my resume on Career Builder and received a call from a staffing agency that Hotwire works with for most of their new hires. She asked me to meet with the President of Hotwire on a Saurday Afternoon which was fine since I didn't need to take time off from my former job. We met in her office and discussed my previous work experience and what I could bring to the table. When it was over, I called the recruiter and told her it went well. It went so well in fact that she called me right back (within 5 minutes of hanging up) with an offer matching exactly what I had asked for. It was probably the best and easiest interview I've ever had. Since then I've interviewed for positions under me and always take into consideration how I felt during that interview and what I could do to make the people interviewing feel as comfortable as I did.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple and I got what I asked for.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hotwire Communications in January 2012.

Interview

They gave me a 15 minute phone interview which was generally pleasant, but very formal.

Interview Questions

• What sources do you use to gain information about new social media trends?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Hotwire Communications in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewed for 45 minutes with HR person in October, she was very excited and thought I would be a great fit.
    Interviewed for over an hour with the Director of IT at the beginning of November. Seemed to hit it off, he seemed enthused about having me as an underling.
    Middle of January, finally told that the IT manager job was filled, not by me. They wanted me to interview for a NOC position with the NOC manager. Interview with the NOC manager, somewhat brief, about 30 minutes or so. I got the feeling that he was needed elsewhere.
    Beginning of February, they want me to do a phone interview with another person, the receptionist perhaps? Set up a date and time for the interview and they never call. Really unprofessional, especially the constant stringing along. When they called for the initial NOC position interview I had to ask what happened to the IT Manager position, they did not realize that I hadn't been notified.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can learn to troubleshoot 128 different network devices?   1 Answer