Hotwire

www.hotwire.com

Hotwire Interview Questions

3.1

Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics Interview

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hotwire in March 2014.

The interview process it was quite long, it took 2 phone interviews, and a 5 1-1 interviews (in one day). The challenge was coordinating peoples calendars more than anything else. HR was vert responsive.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hotwire.

phone scree, two rounds of in-person

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire in December 2013.

The interview process was very efficient and pleasant. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and the process was followed by a phone screen with the manager and then a in-person interview in San Francisco. The interview went well and it most of it felt like a two-sided conversation more so than a strict interview. I've been wanting to work for Hotwire for a long time so I was very excited for a chance to interview. The recruiting team seems to be very efficient and any changes or questions are addressed fast. This was one of the best interviewing experiences I've had.

Interview Questions
    I decided not to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hotwire.

phone screen with hiring manager followed by two on-site interviews with peers, teams that I would be working with and HR

not open to negotiations

Partnerships Specialist (Marketing) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hotwire.

I applied online and got a call back from a recruiter who was based out of UK. I had relevant experience and was excited about the role. The recruiter wanted to know one thing only how much I was expecting to make and how much I make now. When she found out that I currently make the top of their range she said she would be unable to move me forward and it does not make sense to continue the interview with her. To which I replied that I see a lot of opportunities in this role and would be very interested in having a conversation with a hiring manager. Her response: "That's not how our recruiting process works" I was a little shocked by this unprofessional and short response, but still told her that "I am looking for a great fit with opportunities for advancement. Her response: "we dont promote that quick, I dont see why you would want this role" Needless to say I did not move forward with the process. But I was shocked 1) rude manner of the recruiter 2) how quickly they would pass on a good candidate where the difference in salary would have been $10K ( no more!) I was making mid 80s ( and would have asked for some raise) Their range was up to mid 80s. The difference is so minor that it makes the company look really bad.

Interview Questions
    • Will you need a sponsorship visa? How much are you making now? What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire.

Initially contacted by HR rep for a phone screen
    Follow-up by a phone screen with hiring manager
    On-site interviews with 5 people (including head of HR)

Interview Questions
    • None. Very typically experience based questions with some case study type questions   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire.

Applied thru posting in job site. Recruiter contacted and set me up with phone interview with manager. Called in for in person interview

offer was gud.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire.

4 rounds. 3 of the interviewers are nice except one. They ask all kinds of normal interview questions, plus the problems that are closely related with their work. Basically you just sit down in the meeting room, and you get interviewed by four interviewers individually. The HR will talk about the compensation and your expectation at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer gave a question regarding the boxing/unboxing. That is, the data member of the class is the basic 'int' type, not initialized, and they return it back in a method with return type 'Integer'. The answer should be '0' even if the data member is not initialized   Answer Question

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire in April 2013.

I received an email to set up a phone interview with their recruiter. Happened a week later, she was extremely nice. She asked me questions that were pretty broad, just to feel out my expectations & personality. She then set up an appointment for a phone interview with the Director of Accounting. That happened about a week later, she was also extremely nice--speaking with her was a lot more technical. My final interview was onsite, it consisted of the team & recruiter individually, it was fairly technical to see if I actually knew what was on my resume, & to see how my personality is in person. They really just want people that want to be at Hotwire, that have a good attitude & want to work.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary. A lot of questions regarding learning situations with past/current employers.   Answer Question
    Quick & painless.

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire.

It was OK. It was kind of a hard sell.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was okay.