Hotwire Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.1

Online Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview

Overall the interview process was very positive and quick. I was in consist contact with the recruiter and they were able to answer all my questions. I was interviewed by two Senior Managers, Senior Analyst and a Senior Manager for AP. Most of the questions were straight forward and were your basic interview questions. Everyone was really welcoming and friendly, which made the experience a lot of fun and not as stressful.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview

initial communication began with a standard HR telephone interview. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager and was told I would hear in a couple of weeks whether I would be brought out to headquarters for a face to face interview. I was called a couple of days later and arrangements were made to fly me out. I was e-mailed flight and hotel information along with the interview schedule for the day. No other support of guidance was provided I needed to figure everything out as far as getting to hotel and office the next day. The interview was a series of interviews with different people including a phone interview with their outsourced call center vendor. It was a total of five people I met with, there were no bathroom breaks or such given in between any of the different people. They gave the impression I was taking up too much of their time. I left to catch public transport, at my expense, back to the airport and got a voice mail the next day that I had been turned down.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question or one that sticks out the most was when asked "when have you had to say no to a higher up person" they were looking for multiple specific examples of such with names   1 Answer

Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hotwire in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process it was quite long, it took 2 phone interviews, and a 5 1-1 interviews (in one day). The challenge was coordinating peoples calendars more than anything else. HR was vert responsive.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hotwire.

Interview

phone scree, two rounds of in-person

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient and pleasant. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and the process was followed by a phone screen with the manager and then a in-person interview in San Francisco. The interview went well and it most of it felt like a two-sided conversation more so than a strict interview. I've been wanting to work for Hotwire for a long time so I was very excited for a chance to interview. The recruiting team seems to be very efficient and any changes or questions are addressed fast. This was one of the best interviewing experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I decided not to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

phone screen with hiring manager followed by two on-site interviews with peers, teams that I would be working with and HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not open to negotiations

Partnerships Specialist (Marketing) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a call back from a recruiter who was based out of UK. I had relevant experience and was excited about the role. The recruiter wanted to know one thing only how much I was expecting to make and how much I make now. When she found out that I currently make the top of their range she said she would be unable to move me forward and it does not make sense to continue the interview with her. To which I replied that I see a lot of opportunities in this role and would be very interested in having a conversation with a hiring manager. Her response: "That's not how our recruiting process works" I was a little shocked by this unprofessional and short response, but still told her that "I am looking for a great fit with opportunities for advancement. Her response: "we dont promote that quick, I dont see why you would want this role" Needless to say I did not move forward with the process. But I was shocked 1) rude manner of the recruiter 2) how quickly they would pass on a good candidate where the difference in salary would have been $10K ( no more!) I was making mid 80s ( and would have asked for some raise) Their range was up to mid 80s. The difference is so minor that it makes the company look really bad.

Interview Questions

• Will you need a sponsorship visa? How much are you making now? What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initially contacted by HR rep for a phone screen
    Follow-up by a phone screen with hiring manager
    On-site interviews with 5 people (including head of HR)

Interview Questions

• None. Very typically experience based questions with some case study type questions   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire.

Interview

Applied thru posting in job site. Recruiter contacted and set me up with phone interview with manager. Called in for in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer was gud.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

4 rounds. 3 of the interviewers are nice except one. They ask all kinds of normal interview questions, plus the problems that are closely related with their work. Basically you just sit down in the meeting room, and you get interviewed by four interviewers individually. The HR will talk about the compensation and your expectation at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer gave a question regarding the boxing/unboxing. That is, the data member of the class is the basic 'int' type, not initialized, and they return it back in a method with return type 'Integer'. The answer should be '0' even if the data member is not initialized   Answer Question