Hotwire

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Accountant Interview

Associate Accountant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire in April 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email to set up a phone interview with their recruiter. Happened a week later, she was extremely nice. She asked me questions that were pretty broad, just to feel out my expectations & personality. She then set up an appointment for a phone interview with the Director of Accounting. That happened about a week later, she was also extremely nice--speaking with her was a lot more technical. My final interview was onsite, it consisted of the team & recruiter individually, it was fairly technical to see if I actually knew what was on my resume, & to see how my personality is in person. They really just want people that want to be at Hotwire, that have a good attitude & want to work.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary. A lot of questions regarding learning situations with past/current employers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick & painless.

Senior Producer Interview

Senior Producer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview Details – It was OK. It was kind of a hard sell.

Interview Question – Can't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was okay.

Very Difficult Interview

UNIX Manager, Hotwire Interview

UNIX Manager, Hotwire
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire in August 2012.

Interview Details – August 13, 2012 I applied for the UNIX Manager position in San Francisco. I found the following weeks to be rather disorganized.

Interview Question – The questions asked me by a technical member of the team had absolutely nothing to do with UNIX or Oracle. I was asked to explain in-depth how the physical mappings of memory inside a server. I still have no idea why anyone would ask a manager this questions..   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire in February 2012.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me for this position and I was thereafter contacted by someone from the marketing team. They then called and we spoke for about a half hour concerning the normal background questions - why am I interested, what applicable skills do I have for the position, why Hotwire, etc.

I then got called in for an in-person interview about a week later with four people separately for about a half hour each. I read the reviews on here so I studied hard - history of Hotwire, potential brain-teasers they could give me, specific examples of my work that apply to the position, where I could improve etc.

The majority of this was NOT covered during the interview! The same people basically asked me the same questions over and over - background, skills, interests. Not even an in-depth question about technical skills for an analyst position.

The company seems solid and organized but I have heard that morale is low. I would have loved to work there, but c'est la vie!

Interview Questions

• Do you know what V Lookup is?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time that you needed information from someone and they would not give it to you - and what you did to get it from them.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email by the recruiter for a phone screening - We'd set the time at 2PM on a Wed. She called me that Monday at 9AM - I wasn't ready to talk to her - and I told her we'd setup a time on Wed. She apologized and said she'd gotten confused.

Tuesday at 2PM - I'm in the car- she calls me again. I tell her once more, that we're meeting on Wed. She apologizes again. Finally we connect and she passes me to the hiring manager.

I talk to the hiring manager and they tell me they'll let me know next steps in about 2 weeks. I get an email 3 weeks later telling me the recruiter is going on vacation and her manager will follow up with me about next steps.

The next week I ping him a couple of times and he doesn't have any information. Then on Friday he sets up a call with me for 3 PM Monday for 30 minutes.

That morning he moves the time to 3:30 - 4. Fine.

At 3:30, I wait,and wait and wait. At 3:40 I get an email saying he'll be late. At 3:55 he calls me, asks if I can still meet. I say yes, and he tells me they don't want to move forward.

Great, they just wasted my time for a 2 sentence email or a 3 minute call - and strung this out to over a month.

Interview Question – Pretty standard PjM and Agile experience questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire in February 2012.

Interview Details – HR did technical interview, difference between Abstract class and interface, Design patterns

Interview Question – Difference between abstract class and interface   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Senior Marketing Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hotwire in April 2010.

Interview Details – phone interviews followed by 2-3 hours of in person interviews with team

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Senior Interaction Designer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hotwire in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very straightforward. One of the interviewers asked to solve a specific problem and wanted to hear your thought process and problem solving skills. Other interviewers were your basic questions.

Interview Question – What was your most challenging design project and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tough. They won't budge much on salary. Really. And they will lure you in with the travel benefits, which really, there's not a whole lot or enough to outweigh the low salary.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hotwire in November 2009.

Interview Details – It took around 10 interviews to get to Hotwire. Overall very good experience - friendly interviewers, professional questions, prompt feedback and guidance for the next step, etc. Some interviews looked like a friendly chat, rather than a job interview, but I assume it worked ok to build a perception. Anyway, I'm glad I made it!

Front End Developer Interview

Front End Developer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hotwire in October 2011.

Interview Details – An external recruiting firm scheduled a full day of interviews at different time slots. I was in a group of 6 people who rotated between 4 interviewers. I found them friendly and efficient.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hotwire