Hotwire

Updated Jun 16, 2014

3.1

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hotwire in December 2010.

Initial phone interview by the HR representative. Basic behavioral questions and resume discussion. Next was the phone interview with the Hiring Manager. It consisted on few behavioral and mostly technical skills assessment. Be prepared with everything mentioned on the job description with past work examples.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you used a particular technical skill in your past project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire in October 2010.

The most straight forward process I've every worked with, most people asked job related questions, were professional and timely in their contact and conduct. Process moved at a great pace, Over the best of my life.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle your last negative interaction.   View Answer
    Aim High, bargain hard, play hardball and then roll over, it's worth it.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hotwire in May 2010.

I've been very pleased with my experience. I received a very quick response to my online application. I received a very quick phone screen/interview. I needed several in-person, onsite interviews; the coordinator was extremely flexible and helped work around my busy work schedule. The office/interview spaces are clean and neat. Any interview process can invoke some fear/anxierty; however, the team here made me feel very comfortable. I am still waiting to hear back from Hotwire; I want to work for this company very badly - the entire team seems amazing!

Interview Questions
    • None were unexpected; how would you go from a large organization to one much smaller (in comparison to current work environment)?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hotwire in April 2010.

phone interviews followed by 2-3 hours of in person interviews with team

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hotwire in November 2009.

It took around 10 interviews to get to Hotwire. Overall very good experience - friendly interviewers, professional questions, prompt feedback and guidance for the next step, etc. Some interviews looked like a friendly chat, rather than a job interview, but I assume it worked ok to build a perception. Anyway, I'm glad I made it!

Manager of Search Engine Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hotwire in June 2009.

I had an excellent experience interviewing with Hotwire. I was interested in working for the company/in the industry. so began to do research. I quickly discovered that the President of the company was a former colleague. I made contact with him through LinkedIn, and he responded almost immediately with a warm invitation to meet for coffee in order to catch up. He also mentioned that Hotwire was hiring, so if I was interested, he would like to talk to me about opportunities.

Things moved quickly from there. As an outcome of our initial coffee conversation, I was invited to come in to Hotwire and have informational interviews with two hiring managers. Both of my conversations were engaging and thoughtful and left me very excited to join the company. While they were definitely interviews in the sense of testing my skills, background, and interest in the company, they were also quite focused on determining what position would be the best fit for me and for the company. We ultimately determined through those conversations that the best spot for me might be the Search Engine Marketing role. So, two days later, I came back to interview for that position. I met with 5 people, and enjoyed every interview. I felt they gave me an excellent chance to prove my qualifications but also allowed me to learn a lot about the company, the role, the Marketing team, etc. Again, I left excited about joining the company (and nervous to hear the outcome!)

Five days later, I received a phone call extending me the offer, conditional on successful completion of a background check. I verbally accepted on the spot.

This is my second week on the job, and my glowing opinion of Hotwire has only been reinforced by my first few days! People are smart, friendly, results focused, and entrepreneurial. I am learning and ton and having a great time.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: How would you write a vlookup in Excel? An If statement?   Answer Question
    Hotwire had been transparent throughout the interview process re. what I could expect for a compensation package. The offer I received was in line with those expectations, so I did not haggle.

Aside from the cash compensation, one thing to keep in mind when considering a Hotwire offer is all of the other perks -- major travel discounts. generous vacation policy!

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hotwire in June 2009.

My experience with Hotwire recruiting process has been one that was fair, robust and extremely efficient.

I had a phone screen with the hiring manager for approximately 35 minutes. The questions were primarily twofold: resume based questions and some technical questions. Time was equally split. It seemed questions were designed to test analytical skills and unstructured thinking abilities. I was asked a few brain teasers that could be challenging under time pressure.

Two days after the phone interview, I had an on-site with HR, senior managers and executives. I think questions were fair - some behavioural, some technical and some revolved around industry knowledge. Sometimes I felt more like having a discussion rather than being part of an interview. Interviewers were humble, affable, respectful, down-to-earth and very smart. I had an offer within 2 days and I took the offer after one day of negotiation. This is probably one of the most efficient and fair interview processes yet in my career.

Interview Questions
    • Resume and industry related questions, brain teasers and technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire in May 2009.

Had a great interview experience with Hotwire and was very impressed by how quickly they worked me through the interview process. They were also very accommodating to my work schedule at my prior job, providing some flexibility for when I interviewed despite the tight timeline they were working under. Overall I was very pleased with the interview process and how seriously the company takes recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • For analytical positions, be prepared for some brain teasers to test math skills and thought process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hotwire in April 2009.

Hotwire has an extremely efficient recruitment process. They take it very seriously and treat their candidates with so much respect. I received an initial phone call from their HR department to schedule a phone interview later in the week. In this call, I was asked several behavioral questions as well as analytical questions. The call went very well and I was informed in less than one day that they wanted to do a second round interview on the phone with the hiring manager. Again, the conversation was primarily about my background but I was given ample amount of time to address questions I had regarding the position and corporate culture. Within 24 hours, I received a call to inform me that I was invited to come into the office to meet a total of 5 Hotwire employees. The interview process involved behavioral skills, logic as well as analytical skills. Within 24 hours, I received an official offer and as you can imagine, I was overwhelmed with the efficiency and professional nature of the Hotwire recruitment process.

While I did not negotiate the offer that Hotwire provided me they were extremeley fair with compensation and have great travel perks!

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire in April 2009.

I was contacted by Hotwire who set up a phone interview with me on a Thursday. The phone interview was fairly standard, questions regarding experiences on your resume, problem solving, and scenario/behavioral questions. The Manager was interviewed me was difficult to read (especially over the phone) but friendly enough and answered all my questions regarding the position. About two hours after my interview, the HR rep from Hotwire called me and asked me to come in the following Monday for a series of one on one interviews. This was fairly mind-numbing, but gave me a broad variety of differing opinions, questions, and let me get a good idea of the types of people I would be working with. Questions consisted of aptitude in certain software and applications (pertaining to the position) and questions based on personal experiences. I would say it is a good blend of questions on your soft skills, technical skills, and chatter to coax out your personality and put you at ease. HR contacted me the week after my interview to give me an offer and listened to my questions and concerns. She addressed them all openly and honestly and I felt good about my decision even though I took a some time to think it over. One thing to realize at Hotwire is that it is a fairly tight-knit community and they are trying to gauge your personality and work ethic in a short amount of time. They also want you to want to be here as much as they want you to be here. The office is conducive to learning, the culture is laid back - casual everyday and truly full of people who work hard, but have a good time as well. HR was very helpful in addressing all my questions and the interview process allowed me to ask the questions that needed to be asked and get a good look at what I needed to know before taking any job.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time when you solved a problem either at work or school and what was the outcome?   Answer Question