Hotwire Manager of Search Engine Marketing Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Manager of Search Engine Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hotwire in June 2009.

I had an excellent experience interviewing with Hotwire. I was interested in working for the company/in the industry. so began to do research. I quickly discovered that the President of the company was a former colleague. I made contact with him through LinkedIn, and he responded almost immediately with a warm invitation to meet for coffee in order to catch up. He also mentioned that Hotwire was hiring, so if I was interested, he would like to talk to me about opportunities.

Things moved quickly from there. As an outcome of our initial coffee conversation, I was invited to come in to Hotwire and have informational interviews with two hiring managers. Both of my conversations were engaging and thoughtful and left me very excited to join the company. While they were definitely interviews in the sense of testing my skills, background, and interest in the company, they were also quite focused on determining what position would be the best fit for me and for the company. We ultimately determined through those conversations that the best spot for me might be the Search Engine Marketing role. So, two days later, I came back to interview for that position. I met with 5 people, and enjoyed every interview. I felt they gave me an excellent chance to prove my qualifications but also allowed me to learn a lot about the company, the role, the Marketing team, etc. Again, I left excited about joining the company (and nervous to hear the outcome!)

Five days later, I received a phone call extending me the offer, conditional on successful completion of a background check. I verbally accepted on the spot.

This is my second week on the job, and my glowing opinion of Hotwire has only been reinforced by my first few days! People are smart, friendly, results focused, and entrepreneurial. I am learning and ton and having a great time.

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected: How would you write a vlookup in Excel? An If statement?   Answer Question
Hotwire had been transparent throughout the interview process re. what I could expect for a compensation package. The offer I received was in line with those expectations, so I did not haggle.

Aside from the cash compensation, one thing to keep in mind when considering a Hotwire offer is all of the other perks -- major travel discounts. generous vacation policy!