Hotwire

Very Easy Interview

Facilities Interview

Facilities
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Hotwire in April 2011.

Interview Details – The process was a smooth! The personality part was the best part of the interview! The team here at the San Francisco office made the transition smooth and painless. I thought I was one of the family, It was the first week!

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very efficient and pleasant. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and the process was followed by a phone screen with the manager and then a in-person interview in San Francisco. The interview went well and it most of it felt like a two-sided conversation more so than a strict interview. I've been wanting to work for Hotwire for a long time so I was very excited for a chance to interview. The recruiting team seems to be very efficient and any changes or questions are addressed fast. This was one of the best interviewing experiences I've had.

Interview Question – Question about vlookups, some basic math problems   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I decided not to negotiate

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hotwire in January 2011.

Interview Details – Start with phone contact with a recruiter. Then it goes to a phone interview with an engineer. From there it's an onsite interview with 5 people. I had 3 managers and 2 engineers.

Interview Question – I didn't find any of the interviews difficult or had any unexpected questions. The questions asked pertained to my experience and some technical problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview Details – phone screen with hiring manager followed by two on-site interviews with peers, teams that I would be working with and HR

Interview Question – standard PMO questions, scenario based   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not open to negotiations

Partnerships Specialist (Marketing) Interview

Partnerships Specialist (Marketing)
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call back from a recruiter who was based out of UK. I had relevant experience and was excited about the role. The recruiter wanted to know one thing only how much I was expecting to make and how much I make now. When she found out that I currently make the top of their range she said she would be unable to move me forward and it does not make sense to continue the interview with her. To which I replied that I see a lot of opportunities in this role and would be very interested in having a conversation with a hiring manager. Her response: "That's not how our recruiting process works" I was a little shocked by this unprofessional and short response, but still told her that "I am looking for a great fit with opportunities for advancement. Her response: "we dont promote that quick, I dont see why you would want this role" Needless to say I did not move forward with the process. But I was shocked 1) rude manner of the recruiter 2) how quickly they would pass on a good candidate where the difference in salary would have been $10K ( no more!) I was making mid 80s ( and would have asked for some raise) Their range was up to mid 80s. The difference is so minor that it makes the company look really bad.

Interview Question – Will you need a sponsorship visa? How much are you making now? What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by HR rep for a phone screen
Follow-up by a phone screen with hiring manager
On-site interviews with 5 people (including head of HR)

Interview Question – None. Very typically experience based questions with some case study type questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview Details – 4 rounds. 3 of the interviewers are nice except one. They ask all kinds of normal interview questions, plus the problems that are closely related with their work. Basically you just sit down in the meeting room, and you get interviewed by four interviewers individually. The HR will talk about the compensation and your expectation at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – The interviewer gave a question regarding the boxing/unboxing. That is, the data member of the class is the basic 'int' type, not initialized, and they return it back in a method with return type 'Integer'. The answer should be '0' even if the data member is not initialized   Answer Question

Associate Accountant Interview

Associate Accountant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire in April 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email to set up a phone interview with their recruiter. Happened a week later, she was extremely nice. She asked me questions that were pretty broad, just to feel out my expectations & personality. She then set up an appointment for a phone interview with the Director of Accounting. That happened about a week later, she was also extremely nice--speaking with her was a lot more technical. My final interview was onsite, it consisted of the team & recruiter individually, it was fairly technical to see if I actually knew what was on my resume, & to see how my personality is in person. They really just want people that want to be at Hotwire, that have a good attitude & want to work.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary. A lot of questions regarding learning situations with past/current employers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick & painless.

Senior Producer Interview

Senior Producer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview Details – It was OK. It was kind of a hard sell.

Interview Question – Can't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was okay.

Very Difficult Interview

UNIX Manager, Hotwire Interview

UNIX Manager, Hotwire
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hotwire in August 2012.

Interview Details – August 13, 2012 I applied for the UNIX Manager position in San Francisco. I found the following weeks to be rather disorganized.

Interview Question – The questions asked me by a technical member of the team had absolutely nothing to do with UNIX or Oracle. I was asked to explain in-depth how the physical mappings of memory inside a server. I still have no idea why anyone would ask a manager this questions..   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hotwire

Worked for Hotwire? Contribute to the Community!