Hotwire

www.hotwire.com

Hotwire Software Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire.

4 rounds. 3 of the interviewers are nice except one. They ask all kinds of normal interview questions, plus the problems that are closely related with their work. Basically you just sit down in the meeting room, and you get interviewed by four interviewers individually. The HR will talk about the compensation and your expectation at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer gave a question regarding the boxing/unboxing. That is, the data member of the class is the basic 'int' type, not initialized, and they return it back in a method with return type 'Integer'. The answer should be '0' even if the data member is not initialized   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hotwire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire in February 2012.

HR did technical interview, difference between Abstract class and interface, Design patterns

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hotwire in September 2011.

Actually the interview doesn't really happen, but it is absolutely my worst job search experience. I got an email from recruiter and set up a basic HR screen interview. She asked me if I am in bay area right now and wanted me to join a job fair one day after the interview (it seems this job fair is for local people only and they don't want to pay the flight). I said I couldn't go because the schedule doesn't fit mine. We are agreed to do a technical phone interview in the following week.

I tried to contact them many times in the following week but the recruiter either don't answer phone or avoid talking about this. I feel it is not a good sign but she still tell me there will be an skype interview with several engineers. Finally the interview was scheduled one day but it was cancelled just one hour after I got the interview confirmation email!!!!

I know I have missed this opportunity because I didn't go to the job fair. They have already recruited enough people from the job fair. They don't want to answer my question because there are some candidates were still considering this offer. They treated me as a backup plan and I was kicked out once previous candidate accept the offer. I understand this is something every company does but they do it more professionally than Hotwire. I feel my time was totally not respected by them. Will never apply Hotwire!