Houlihan Lokey Associate Interview Questions

4.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in July 2013.

- approx. 5 hours / 9-10 people / 30 min each
- written test
- xls modeling exercise of BS, IS and CF statements
- interview questions ranging from background, walk through resume to current state of economy, interest rates, FX movements, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Relative value of EUR to USD - what drives relative exchange rates   View Answer

other opportunities / life-style

Other Interview Reviews for Houlihan Lokey

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

Submitted online application and received general email about setting up phone interview with member of team the following week. Phone interview lasted the scheduled 30 minutes. The interviewer asked only technical questions, like your typical walk me through a DCF. He was candid and helped me get to the answers for questions I didn't immediately know the answer to. Then HL went silent and emails unanswered. I did not expect to move to the next round, but I also would have liked to hear something. Now, I have a bad taste in my mouth for HL and find it rude to not be given any feedback, like a straight up no!

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a DCF. How do you get to EBIT? Why can't you use EV/EPS as a valuation metric?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in February 2012.

applied through university career website and was given one day to accept a phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in July 2008.

I heard of the job from a business school classmate. Submitted my resume through my friend and heard back 2 days later. I had 2 rounds of interviews. The first round was with 2 people. The 2nd round was with 2/3 people, and there was a technical "case" interview. They called to give me a verbal offer right after the interview. Received the paper offer a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in October 2008.

Interviewer asked how to value a company and drilled in on DCF assumptions and weaknesses. Asked which stocks I was following ad if a friend wanted me to invest his $100,000 for him what I would do with it. Then asked me to run through the financial statements and talk about how they are linked together. Asked what the most important financial statement to gauge the health of a business.

Associate Interview

The process was surprisingly slow for a structured on-campus recruiting process. While others got rejects, I didn't get a confirmation or reject and they left me hanging for a month before ignoring me all together. Maybe that was their way of rejecting me. The interview was very unstructured and the interviewer looked like he would rather be any place else but interviewing me - and this was even before I started talking

Worked for Houlihan Lokey? Contribute to the Community!