Houlihan Lokey Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in May 2010.

combination of over the phone interview, in person interviews (4 back to back on a saturday), and written exam (1 hour, basic finance, accounting, valuation). the interviews are mostly technical or quantitative. none of them of meant to make you think too hard, it is mostly a test to see if you know the basics of valuation, rather than have a super high iq.

Interview Questions
  • decompose the CAPM model and discuss limitations   View Answer
comfortable, ask for more, they will probably give you something

Other Interview Reviews for Houlihan Lokey

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in June 2014.

Contacted by HR and then had 2 interviews both behavioral and technical within 2 weeks. The process was not bad at all overall. I have no idea why I was not selected as I was not told.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioural question about what I like to do in my free time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in March 2014.

Had a phone interview, first round with MD, then 2nd round with analyst. Interview consisted of combination of personal skills and technical skills. Had to do a paper LBO that wasn't too complicated.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

Video intervew with two.The interview was strange, most of the time, they let me ask questions and after asked couple of questions, they just ended the interview 15 mins ealier. They asked questions like describe yourself, why you are interested in us, how to value a firm..

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in September 2008.

Written finance/accounting test followed by six 30 minute interviews

Interview Questions
    • Your brother's wedding is this weekend, but something comes up on project you are working on. How would you handle this situation?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

The first round interview was on campus, it consisted of a few of the basic technical questions, as well as talking about some of HL's best attributes before going into technicals. There was a thorough discussion of the DCF, including how it relates to other valuation methodologies and when it may not be as effective. I was also asked the reasons a company may be valued at a premium, and asked whether a regional soda company should be valued at a premium or discount relative to Coke. There was a quick turnaround, my interview was Thursday, and I found out the next day that I was invited for a second round of interviews in their Chicago office.

Interview Questions
    • I was pressed on why a company would be valued at a premium, and how to value a regional soda company relative to Coke or Pepsi.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Phone interview - go over DCF, WACC, CAPM calculations
    Multiples analysis
    Talk about yourself and previous work experience
    How many hours are you willing to put?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in February 2011.

First of all, two interviewers were very nice. Then they went over the resume, focused on several field in my resume they are familiar with. Such as how vol influence the option price? long a senior tranche means what? and so on and so for

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in May 2008.

The recruiting process started on our university campus. We met with financial staff that came to our university. Then we met again with recruiting representatives from Houlihan. On a scheduled day, we traveled to Chicago and met with financial staff from different financial groups at the firm. This was a mass meeting with about thirty students from various universities. We met and greeted each other and the Houlihan employees. There were mass interviews in which we spoke to entire groups / panels of Houlihan financial staff then were broken off to meet with smaller groups of Houlihan financial staff. At a later date I was brought back to meet with Houlihan staff one on one. I had a dozen one on one interviews in one given day.

There was no negotiation process. An offer was extended as is, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in February 2010.

The interview process involved a first round on-campus interview and a 2nd round interview with the investment banking team. Everyone was very nice and the processes was organized. The people in the Atlanta office are very down to earth and easy to talk to. The technical questions were quite difficult, but Houlihan Lokey is known to very tough in this respect.

Interview Questions
    • Why would two companies in the same industry and with the same risk and growth profile have different trading multiples?   View Answer

Worked for Houlihan Lokey? Contribute to the Community!