Houlihan's

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Houlihan's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Houlihan's.

Filled out a paper application and was contacted by phone to come in for a face-to-face interview. Met with the kitchen manager and front of house manager to discuss previous experiences, former employers, goals, etc.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions here. They asked about work history, willingness to move among positions in the restaurant, and schedule availability.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Houlihan's in March 2014.

Very good ?'s Talked about training

Interview Questions
    • what did you do when a guest complained?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Houlihan's in May 2013.

Standard interview questions with the general manager and FOH manager. Two separate interviews that lead to the job. The next two weeks consisted of a drug test and a background check followed by a two hour orientation and one week of in store training.

Interview Questions
    • What would your last employer say about you if we called them.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Houlihan's.

Hiring process was fairly easy....basically asked me about past history of serving and why I liked it and at the end asked if i wanted to work with all these crazy people. Which is exactly what most of them were. CRAZY

Interview Questions
    • Dealing with the idiot management that really didnt care about server personal opinions or lives and just worried about how there were going to make their bonuses   Answer Question
    no negotiation very straight forward

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Houlihan's in November 2012.

Brief over the phone interview, then in person interview. Interview was very intimate, with host manager than later with the store manager. Both amazing experiences. I was offered food and drinks but passed. Overall experience was great.

Line Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Houlihan's in June 2012.

First interview was with a manager, very easy going. Second interview with GM, pretty much went over same thing as first interview, pleasant people I suppose. Overall the interviews were easy, and I believe they really needed to hire someone with experience.

Was haggled down a little on pay, with promise of potential raise to original desired salary after 6 month review.

Front of House Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Houlihan's in February 2012.

Typical 2 interview process. First with recruiter and second with the regional director.

Interview Questions
    • How do help drive sales in a struggling restaurant.   View Answer

Bartender/Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Houlihan's in June 2008.

I walked in and had an immediate interview. I sat down with the manager and he basically drilled me on simple questions for twenty minutes, told me he would call me bacl, and an hour later, called to say I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • How many years have you been in the restaurant industry?   Answer Question

Server Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Houlihan's in April 2009.

basic