House of Blues

Relevance Date Difficulty

Food Server Interview

Food Server
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at House of Blues in April 2010.

Interview Details – Figuring this is a pretty big company with a lot of power i thought this would be a pretty difficult interview. Apparently I was wrong. The atmosphere was very relaxed and you could tell they have fun where they work. Was interviewed by a 20 something who looked like a typical mid-something hipster.As me a few questions about my previous job and serving experience and how I would handle different situations. Other than that, it went by fairly quick with no hassle.Was offered a position on the spot and have been here since.

Interview Question – Being asked the typical "what would you do" type questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation, set in stone

Restaurant Server Interview

Restaurant Server
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at House of Blues in April 2012.

Interview Details – I went through three interviews with three different managers. Was told that I would be contacted within a week of the last one. Never heard from them. Even a no thank you email would have been appreciated.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to stay with our company?   View Answer

Manager - Foundation Room Interview

Manager - Foundation Room
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at House of Blues in March 2009.

Interview Details – When I was called in for the interview, they did not specify what position the interview was for. I met with the General Manager who was over the House of Blues and Foundation Room. She was very informative and disarming, yet professional. She clearly outlined the number of candidates as well as her expectations for the position. Our initial interview was approximately one hour in length, and I left this interview feeling very positive about the potential.

I was called back for a follow-up interview roughly one week later. This one was shorter than the first. Following this interview, I left feeling less excited about my prospects. I was never informed regarding the outcome of the hiring process.

Overall, I felt that the interview process was very personal, and not as “corporate” as I would have expected for the level of the position. While I was not afforded any “closure” per se, I maintained a positive impression of the operation and was impressed with the General Manger who interviewed me.

Interview Question – She asked specific questions about how I would put together a wine list for the restaurant / club.   View Answers (2)

Worked for House of Blues? Contribute to the Community!