House of Fraser

Updated May 23, 2014
Updated May 23, 2014

2.8

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at House of Fraser in May 2014.

Online application - asked a few detailed questions about my past experience and I uploaded a cv and cover letter
    Phone call- I got a call 24 hours later explaining I had passed and they wanted to give me a phone interview
    Phone interview- they called very late, but it was helpful as I only got asked a few questions she was friendly and said I had passed and was I available for a 1:1 interview.
    My 1:1 interview was set up for 3 days after and upon arrival I was given time to look around and then had a role play task i passed that and was then given feedback and an actual interview with the line manager.
    The following morning I was called by a member of HR and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about house of Fraser and it's customer service   View Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at House of Fraser in May 2013.

First stage process is a telephone interview looking a previous experience and an understanding of great VIP service, The second part is an instore interview, role play is designed to show you can do the role and eliver VIP service to their custoners, followed by a one to one interview.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at House of Fraser in September 2010.

Hiring was done through a recruitment drive where you just dropped in your CV to a table outside the door of Hof and then you had a mini interview where you answered a few basic questions. The main interview process consists of three parts: firstly there is all of the necessary paperwork for the job, secondly the individual interview with one panel member asking questions while the other acts as scribe, and thirdly you are brought in as a group to a room with a number of fashion items on the table you have a few minutes to make notes and then you have to do a sales pitch about the item.

Interview Questions
    I had to wait quite a long time for an offer and then it was a case of being told they had 20hrs but that was all they could offer me. There was little negotiation possible.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at House of Fraser in February 2009.

I had an instant repore with the manager and seemed to get on well with everyone in the store

Sales Advisor Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at House of Fraser in May 2008.

Interviewer was a senior sales advisor. I initially got asked some questions for the wrong job.
    This helped lighten the mood. The questions were pretty straightforward and standard. How would you deal with a difficult customer. How would you sell a particular product. They also asked questions on selling the store cards.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell the store mastercard   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at House of Fraser in August 2008.

I walked into the store and asked where the HR dept was for an application form. I filled in the application form and was later called and asked to attend an interview. The interview was 1:1 and was very relaxed, usual questions like strengths/weaknesses and past experience in customer service environment

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gateshead, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gateshead, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at House of Fraser in February 2010.

Went into a tiny grey room, and sat face to face with this battleaxe of a woman, who interviewed my like i had murdered someone. Really uncomfortable. Asked me questions like " how would i go about handling a employee that was lazy" and "how would i help a customer that didnt want help". Really intimidating interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help a customer that did not want help?   Answer Question
    • What would i do if a customer brought an item back that had clearly been used but wanted a refund?   Answer Question
    I negotiated my salary from 10,000 to 11,999

Fragrance Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at House of Fraser in September 2009.

first of a phone interview asking questions such as why HOF? previous experiance and any dates you wounld be unavalaible? pretty standard. If you get through that you are asked to come in for an interview which will consist of two parts. 1. an interview 2. a role play and 15 min stunt on the department. the questions in the interview where the usual what is excellent customer service, describe a time when you gave excellant customer service, how would you reduce loss to the company? how would you be profitable to the company?

Interview Questions
    • how would you reduce loss for the company?   View Answer

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at House of Fraser in July 2009.

got a phone call from HR lady, seemed very nice, asked 5-10 mins of phone interview q's such as what i brought to the role, why i wanted to work for house of fraser, availability, what hours id like (i.e. amount), and what depts i was interested in working in. Explained the interview would happen few days later and be 30 min on floor to see how i interacted, and a 30 min sit down interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you turned a negative experience with a customer into a postive one   Answer Question
    • What is your experience of store cards? we have to meet 8 a month - is this possible for you? ( i think it was 8)   Answer Question

despite website stating (and being told on phone) jobs were due to start a month - 2 month ltr ( to replace leaving students for uni) they wanted me to start immediately and due to university placement i was unable to start so had to decline.

Worked for House of Fraser? Contribute to the Community!