House of Fraser

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at House of Fraser in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring was done through a recruitment drive where you just dropped in your CV to a table outside the door of Hof and then you had a mini interview where you answered a few basic questions. The main interview process consists of three parts: firstly there is all of the necessary paperwork for the job, secondly the individual interview with one panel member asking questions while the other acts as scribe, and thirdly you are brought in as a group to a room with a number of fashion items on the table you have a few minutes to make notes and then you have to do a sales pitch about the item.

Interview Question – How would you deal with Stock loss   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had to wait quite a long time for an offer and then it was a case of being told they had 20hrs but that was all they could offer me. There was little negotiation possible.

Department Manager Interview

Gateshead, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at House of Fraser in February 2010.

Interview Details – Went into a tiny grey room, and sat face to face with this battleaxe of a woman, who interviewed my like i had murdered someone. Really uncomfortable. Asked me questions like " how would i go about handling a employee that was lazy" and "how would i help a customer that didnt want help". Really intimidating interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer that did not want help?   Answer Question
  • What would i do if a customer brought an item back that had clearly been used but wanted a refund?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my salary from 10,000 to 11,999

Fragrance Sales Assistant Interview

Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at House of Fraser in September 2009.

Interview Details – first of a phone interview asking questions such as why HOF? previous experiance and any dates you wounld be unavalaible? pretty standard. If you get through that you are asked to come in for an interview which will consist of two parts. 1. an interview 2. a role play and 15 min stunt on the department. the questions in the interview where the usual what is excellent customer service, describe a time when you gave excellant customer service, how would you reduce loss to the company? how would you be profitable to the company?

Interview Question – how would you reduce loss for the company?   View Answer

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at House of Fraser in July 2009.

Interview Details – got a phone call from HR lady, seemed very nice, asked 5-10 mins of phone interview q's such as what i brought to the role, why i wanted to work for house of fraser, availability, what hours id like (i.e. amount), and what depts i was interested in working in. Explained the interview would happen few days later and be 30 min on floor to see how i interacted, and a 30 min sit down interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned a negative experience with a customer into a postive one   Answer Question
  • What is your experience of store cards? we have to meet 8 a month - is this possible for you? ( i think it was 8)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – despite website stating (and being told on phone) jobs were due to start a month - 2 month ltr ( to replace leaving students for uni) they wanted me to start immediately and due to university placement i was unable to start so had to decline.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for House of Fraser? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at House of Fraser interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by House of Fraser employees and interview candidates.