Housing Works Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.0

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Housing Works (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Terrible! My first interview with the medical director went great and I was invited back for a second interview. For both interviews, I had to change my work schedule around in order to go to the interview and I also had to commute 2+ hours each way. I didn't have a problem with that, except after the second interview, which was a complete waste of time. I felt from the very moment I walked in the room, they were not interested in me. Why ask for a second interview, knowing that I had to change my work schedule around? Not only that, but the nurses who interviewed me were obviously not listening to me because on several occasions, one of them would ask a question, then a few minutes later, another nurse would ask the same question.

After the interview, I got in touch via phone and email to thank everyone for the interviews and their time. I didn't even get a reply... not even a "thanks, but we found a better fit." This was without a doubt the worst interview I ever went on. They were completely unprofessional. Luckily, I found a great job working with a brilliant group of doctors and NPs. Don't waste your time with this organization.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Housing Works in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume for a position as an Intern at one of the Housing Works Thrift Shops. Almost two months later I was contacted via phone by one of the volunteer coordinators. She left a message informing me that she was interested in having me Intern and wanted me to start right away. She was not initially going to even interview me she was simply going to have me come in and start but then she said that we will have a phone interview. We set up a phone interview and she asked me a total of two questions and then I went down to the store to have some paperwork signed to start interning. The volunteer coordinator/ assistant manager was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Housing Works does not pay interns.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

You will be called in for an interview, if you passed that you will be called in for a interview with upper managment including two clients

Interview Questions

• Mostly a bunch of "tell me about a time when" questions etc   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very Straight forward

Case Manager Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Housing Works.

Interview

They were a little delayed in offering the position after the interview took place. The initial interview was one on one and then i was asked back for a second interview. The second interview was in a group interview setting which included three supervisors, a case manager technician and a client. They asked the typical interview questions and were a little intimidating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate the salary.

Care Navigator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Housing Works (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The process began with application and cover letter, then a one-on-one interview with the site coordinator. Next, a group interview with several staff on-site and one client of the organization. I was already interning with Housing Works at the time, so I know that the supervisor spent the next week calling my references, which took a while. Once that was done they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client became agitated and you felt overwhelmed?   1 Answer

Manager Thrift Shop Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Housing Works (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Completely disorganized. The person that I was meeting with forgot about our appointment...TWICE. The first time we rescheduled, and the second time he asked me to wait 20 minutes (became 45 minutes) for him to get to his office. He didn't seem very experienced at interviewing, tried to make some awkward jokes that weren't funny. He seemed more nervous than I was. The whole process took several weeks but eventually I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Oh, did we have an appointment scheduled?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was told what I would make. I was desperate for a job, so I took it, like a moron.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Housing Works.

Interview

Very unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to shift from designer retail to thrift?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is what is.