Housing Works

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

1.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Housing Works in October 2013.

I submitted my resume for a position as an Intern at one of the Housing Works Thrift Shops. Almost two months later I was contacted via phone by one of the volunteer coordinators. She left a message informing me that she was interested in having me Intern and wanted me to start right away. She was not initially going to even interview me she was simply going to have me come in and start but then she said that we will have a phone interview. We set up a phone interview and she asked me a total of two questions and then I went down to the store to have some paperwork signed to start interning. The volunteer coordinator/ assistant manager was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    Housing Works does not pay interns.

Sales Associate Interview

You will be called in for an interview, if you passed that you will be called in for a interview with upper managment including two clients

Interview Questions
    • Mostly a bunch of "tell me about a time when" questions etc   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Very Straight forward

Case Manager Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Housing Works.

They were a little delayed in offering the position after the interview took place. The initial interview was one on one and then i was asked back for a second interview. The second interview was in a group interview setting which included three supervisors, a case manager technician and a client. They asked the typical interview questions and were a little intimidating.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate the salary.

Manager Thrift Shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Housing Works in January 2010.

Completely disorganized. The person that I was meeting with forgot about our appointment...TWICE. The first time we rescheduled, and the second time he asked me to wait 20 minutes (became 45 minutes) for him to get to his office. He didn't seem very experienced at interviewing, tried to make some awkward jokes that weren't funny. He seemed more nervous than I was. The whole process took several weeks but eventually I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Oh, did we have an appointment scheduled?   View Answer
    No negotiation. I was told what I would make. I was desperate for a job, so I took it, like a moron.

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Housing Works.

Very unorganized.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It is what is.