Houston Community College Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
11 interviews

2.8

Adjunct Professor Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Houston Community College.

The process for some positions is long and detailed. There are many questions to answer and many documents to submit. However, the job is good and it is worth it.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult if you prepare yourself for the interview.   Answer Question
    No problem.

Office Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Houston Community College.

Applied to job posting on hccsjobs.com. I met with the hiring manager for interview. She asked me some questions about my experience and skills. I asked her some questions about my duties and the mission of the department was.

Financial Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Houston Community College in April 2014.

Submitted an online application weeks later I received a phone call to come in for a panel interview. From the moment I walked into the HCC Main St. Admin office things went down hill. Several staff didn't know what room I should go to, I was sent to the 3rd floor, 6th, and to HR all WRONG places. I finally made it to the interview for a panel interview with 6 of the current financial coaches. A week later I was called and asked to come in for another interview. This interview was back at the Main St. headquarters. I interviewed with the Directors of three campuses. A week later I was told to come in for another with the president of the Northwest (Katy) campus. The interview started late and ran over. At that point I made a conscience decision that I did not want the job!

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were easy. The difficult part was going to so many interviews for a job paying $35K. The disorganization, interview requests, delayed interviews, and no one being able to tell me what the salary range was so unprofessional.   View Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Houston Community College in May 2014.

Interview process is something to be desired. Questions asked are not completely relevant to the position. Poor or no follow-up with candidates. Hiring process takes 45 to 90 days per message for Peoplesoft.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, as a matter of fact, the interview questions are taped to the table in front of candidates seat.   View Answer

Professional Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Houston Community College in October 2010.

Newly remodeled; up to date environment; unskilled and non-responsive Employment Department; Employment Director was slow to respond to questions about culture, contract status, salary range, composition of the interview committee, presentation guidelines

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a conflict with co-worker or manager and how was it resolved.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Secretary II - Administration Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Houston Community College in June 2012.

I received a call from the Dept head, telling me that she received my resume from a colleague who had recently interviewed me (for a position I didn't get). From the sound of it she had already made up her mind about hiring me and wanted only 15 minutes of my time so I can sign papers to seal the deal. My 15 minute meeting with her turned into 1.5 hours of her talking about everything under the sun. Good thing I didn't have another interview that afternoon.

I was low-balled, but since I desperately needed a job I accepted.

Front Desk Interview

Went in for an interview. Very general questions about yourself. Not many questions. Mostly just informing you of the job. Accepted and started following week.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time when you turn a bad situation around?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Houston Community College.

Typical panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Given a concept and asked to provide an "on the spot" lecture on the topic.   Answer Question

Instructor, ESL Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Houston Community College in July 2012.

The manager that hired me was extremely professional and kind. She asked thoughtful questions and was even understanding of a technical glitch with the lighting in my apartment; the interview occurred over Skype. The HR person did her job exceptionally well, and responded to all questions within 24 hours and often times only a few hours. I had an interview on a Monday and was offered a job three days later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle complaints from students in a culture you're not familiar with?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was involved; Houston Community College has a fair salary schedule.

Officer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Houston Community College.

Very good experience in the interview... however, once hired, it was something totaly different.

Interview Questions
    HR called and made a rock bottom offer... needed a job so i took it.

Worked for Houston Community College? Contribute to the Community!