Houston ISD Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.9

Senior Academic Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Houston ISD.

Interview

The interview was very quick. I was interviewed by one of the other tutors as well as the Program Manager.They asked me some questions about my experience and how I would handle certain situations. I was also given a tour of the school.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult student in class? Imagine that the student is being disrespectful, is cursing, refusing to do their work, and disrupting the whole class in the process.   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Houston ISD.

Interview

Long application and a scientific screening of a series of questions. Then once you past all the screening and back ground, then HISD gives you Permission to call principals to set up interviews.

Interview Questions

• Balance Literacy for reading teachers. What would my reading block look like if an administrator were to walk in my classroom.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

I met with the principle first. After the interview, she showed me around the campus. She discussed who I would be working with if I got offered the job. The next day I interview with 5 people from the campus. It was the general type of interview. They asked questions that you can google.

Communications Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Houston ISD.

Interview

I applied online and within a few weeks, I was invited for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to a group interview. I was offered the job within a couple of weeks after the group interview. Negotiation took several more days. Altogether, the process took two to two and a half months.

Middle School Math Teacher Interview

Interview

One of the best and only ways in which you can get a interviewing feedback is simply observing the interviewer. You could even make a point of the body language and how the interviewer behaved during the interview, to find out whether the s/he has been satisfied with your interview or not. If the interviewer seems distracted, or is actually enabling and welcoming distractions, like allowing people to walk into the interview, or taking phone calls which could have been postponed, etc, you can be sure that you have a negative feedback on the Interview.

IT Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Houston ISD (Humble, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I called the company to schedule an interview. When I arrived applicants were instructed to complete a form telling the prospective employer about ourselves. The facilitator gave a presentation about the company. We were given a demonstration of the product. An explanation of how customers are obtained. We were then informed if we were selected.

Teacher Spanish Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Houston ISD (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied and a few days later I received the phone call for an interview. I got the interview for the next day and the administrators were ready for me when I got there.

Interview Questions

• Related to subject and Instruction   1 Answer

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Houston ISD.

Interview

Interview by school administrative team, asked questions regarding years of experience, former training, teaching style, previous curriculum used, classroom management, technology used and how it's integrated into lessons, use of engaging lessons and differentiated lessons, professional development

Interview Questions

• Tell of a weakness and what steps did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Houston ISD.

Interview

Interview process is totally different from when I interviewed 8 years ago. Panel of 12 teachers. Round Robin type style questioning. Interviewed at school. Was not offered position until 2 months later.Video submission, essays and tests are now required for interview process

Interview Questions

• What is your philosophy of education? How will you maintain relationships with parents   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Houston ISD.

Interview

The interview was short. I was a solid candidate, so interviewer was fair with interview questions. The interviewer can be anyone from the potential school, and they are usually a full time teacher. You must getting finger printed and pass a background check to get hired. The process does take two or three weeks once all paper work has been completed.