Houston Methodist

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Houston Methodist in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was easy. Interviewed x 1 and was hired 1 week later

Interview Question – Did not have any difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

RN, MedSurg Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview Details – It's pretty basic; submit application online (for all applicants); follow up with HR; get a phone interview then set a panel interview; if hired then needs to do some tests, such as medication safety and TB test done.

Interview Question – Could not disclose the content but they will give you materials to study prior the test which is doable.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Houston Methodist in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very standard

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

RN II Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview Details – 1. Contacted by HR Recruiter one day after applying to position. 2. Interviewed within four days after applying to position. Interviewed with two nurse managers and typical questions and answers followed. 3. Two weeks later received call from HR Recruiter asking if I was still interested and could I come in to meet with Unit Director. Meet with unit Director on a Friday. 4. Following Monday received call from HR Recruiter asking my minimum salary requirements and start date. Next day was made an official offer. Total time from applying to position to job offer, four weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about your worst boss   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was asked what my minimum salary was initially and the institution called me back with a little more.

RN Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview Details – The application process was long. It was an online application and I got acknowledgment after three months. This was 2004. I did not get invited for an interview. I went an open house later in the year and eventually got hired. The snag is you fill different application form for evry unit you want to source. gives the impression that you are applying to different hospitals. There was one interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if a patient suddenly gets worse?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No choice

Very Easy Interview

Patient Liaison Interview

Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview Details – don't expect quick turnaround - internal candidate - initital interview with manager and one other liaison and then second was a panel interview - very easy - no need to stress

Interview Question – Detail for us an instance in which you exhibited I CARE Values by going above and beyond your job description.   View Answer

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Houston Methodist in May 2012.

Interview Details – Quick communication with recruiter after applying for position, but apparently the position had been open for some time unbeknownst to me. Very sweet and supportive recruiter who arranged multiple interviews for me at the hospital after I was flown in from out of town for the interview. Very quick offer letter with good salary, but limited flexibility on hours offered. I was promised certain things upon hire that have not come true over a year later.

Interview Question – A very specific question about a very specific ethical situation. Good question, but without understanding the culture and expectations of this organization it was difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was not negotiable and work hours were not negotiable.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter

Interviewed at Houston Methodist

Interview Details – Wonderful interview, great group of people. I was asked to come back in for a second panel interview but I did accept another offer.

Interview Question – Tell me how you will prioritize your day with 50 open jobs   Answer Question

Human Resources Management Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Houston Methodist in January 2009.

Interview Details – The Methodist Hospital came highly recommended to me a few years ago. I had a great phone interview, a "group interview" with potential peers, and a final interview with the HR Director. He all but assured me I would be hearing back shortly when the recruiter returned from vacation. Strongly suggested that I would be receiving an offer. Didn't happen. My follow up later on was how I found out that I was not selected.

Interview Question – There were very few meaningful questions which seemed odd considering I was being considered for an upper level HR position and being interviewed by the HR team.   Answer Question

IT Clinical Coordinator Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview Details – They are looking for someone with clinical experience so it is important to have that to qualify for the job. If you do have technical experience, it is helpful to point that out on the resume so you can use that to bolster your candidacy. Prior user of an EMR system is a plus.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked a lot of questions. It was mostly dialogue. I was asked about strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Houston Methodist

Worked for Houston Methodist? Contribute to the Community!

Houston Methodist Videos

Houston Methodist – Why Work for Us?

Performs at 100%. Respected at 200%. At Houston Methodist, nurses develop their skills through a wide range of educational programs, collaborate with physicians to provide the best care and build upon a world-class… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Houston Methodist interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Houston Methodist employees and interview candidates.