Houston Methodist Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Houston Methodist in May 2014.

Applied online May 24
    Received email to contact the lab director on May 30
    Interviewed on June 3 ..2:1 w/lab director & associate
    Second interview on June 4..2:1 w/team members
    Offer made on June 16.

The process was easy and actually enjoyable. The interview wasn't stressful. It was your typical interview questions; strengths, working under pressure, etc. The second interview was with those I'd be working alongside. That too was laid back and I gained insight as to what I'd do in the lab. I was asked the exact same questions in the previous interview. The director was straight to the point in stating they had others to interview but stated she liked me, which helped me decide which company I'd choose.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Email from HR / Phone call with HR (brief) / Email from HR for on site interview / On site interview with management.

Registered Nurse, MedSurg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Houston Methodist.

The hospital was in the phase of expansion and was conducting job fair. The process was easy , had an interview with 2 sets of interviewers and then they made a job offer the same day

They told me that the salary will go up in 1 year

Registered Nurse Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Houston Methodist in March 2010.

Hiring process was easy. Interviewed x 1 and was hired 1 week later

RN, MedSurg Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Houston Methodist.

It's pretty basic; submit application online (for all applicants); follow up with HR; get a phone interview then set a panel interview; if hired then needs to do some tests, such as medication safety and TB test done.

Interview Questions
    • Could not disclose the content but they will give you materials to study prior the test which is doable.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Houston Methodist in March 2012.

Very standard

No negotiation.

RN II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Houston Methodist.

1. Contacted by HR Recruiter one day after applying to position. 2. Interviewed within four days after applying to position. Interviewed with two nurse managers and typical questions and answers followed. 3. Two weeks later received call from HR Recruiter asking if I was still interested and could I come in to meet with Unit Director. Meet with unit Director on a Friday. 4. Following Monday received call from HR Recruiter asking my minimum salary requirements and start date. Next day was made an official offer. Total time from applying to position to job offer, four weeks.

Interview Questions
    I was asked what my minimum salary was initially and the institution called me back with a little more.

RN Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Houston Methodist.

The application process was long. It was an online application and I got acknowledgment after three months. This was 2004. I did not get invited for an interview. I went an open house later in the year and eventually got hired. The snag is you fill different application form for evry unit you want to source. gives the impression that you are applying to different hospitals. There was one interview.

No choice

Patient Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Houston Methodist.

don't expect quick turnaround - internal candidate - initital interview with manager and one other liaison and then second was a panel interview - very easy - no need to stress

Interview Questions
    • Detail for us an instance in which you exhibited I CARE Values by going above and beyond your job description.   View Answer

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Houston Methodist in May 2012.

Quick communication with recruiter after applying for position, but apparently the position had been open for some time unbeknownst to me. Very sweet and supportive recruiter who arranged multiple interviews for me at the hospital after I was flown in from out of town for the interview. Very quick offer letter with good salary, but limited flexibility on hours offered. I was promised certain things upon hire that have not come true over a year later.

Interview Questions
    • A very specific question about a very specific ethical situation. Good question, but without understanding the culture and expectations of this organization it was difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    Pay was not negotiable and work hours were not negotiable.

Worked for Houston Methodist? Contribute to the Community!