Houston Methodist

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.3

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Slow to reach out but once called in for the interview, the process was quick. The interview was panel format with staff that seemed unprepared for the encounter. Good interviews with Manager and Director.

Straightforward.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Houston Methodist in November 2014.

They had a phone screen, which focused heavily on compensation expectations; an on-site interview with the hiring manager and a team member; a second on-site with a different team member and a writing test; and finally a third on-site interview with the VP of the group.

Overall, I was excited and thought I would be taking the job. However, the HR person was either not listening when we discussed compensation or wrote down my number incorrectly. They offered me significantly below what I currently make and only came up (after a lot of negotiations) to the number I told him in the original phone screen was too low. Not only did he make me feel undervalued, he wasted my time and the team's time. It was very unprofessional behavior!

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were based off my resume and conversational.   Answer Question

The compensation offered was way below what we discussed in the phone screen interview.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Houston Methodist.

Email from HR / Phone call with HR (brief) / Email from HR for on site interview / On site interview with management.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Houston Methodist in May 2014.

it is a good company, i found the position on line, get the job only after one interview. They didn't ask too much. It was very simple. But your background should be strong, or you'll lose.

it was very easy.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Houston Methodist in May 2014.

Applied online May 24
    Received email to contact the lab director on May 30
    Interviewed on June 3 ..2:1 w/lab director & associate
    Second interview on June 4..2:1 w/team members
    Offer made on June 16.

The process was easy and actually enjoyable. The interview wasn't stressful. It was your typical interview questions; strengths, working under pressure, etc. The second interview was with those I'd be working alongside. That too was laid back and I gained insight as to what I'd do in the lab. I was asked the exact same questions in the previous interview. The director was straight to the point in stating they had others to interview but stated she liked me, which helped me decide which company I'd choose.

Registered Nurse, MedSurg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Houston Methodist.

The hospital was in the phase of expansion and was conducting job fair. The process was easy , had an interview with 2 sets of interviewers and then they made a job offer the same day

They told me that the salary will go up in 1 year

RN, MedSurg Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Houston Methodist.

It's pretty basic; submit application online (for all applicants); follow up with HR; get a phone interview then set a panel interview; if hired then needs to do some tests, such as medication safety and TB test done.

Interview Questions
    • Could not disclose the content but they will give you materials to study prior the test which is doable.   Answer Question

RN II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Houston Methodist.

1. Contacted by HR Recruiter one day after applying to position. 2. Interviewed within four days after applying to position. Interviewed with two nurse managers and typical questions and answers followed. 3. Two weeks later received call from HR Recruiter asking if I was still interested and could I come in to meet with Unit Director. Meet with unit Director on a Friday. 4. Following Monday received call from HR Recruiter asking my minimum salary requirements and start date. Next day was made an official offer. Total time from applying to position to job offer, four weeks.

Interview Questions
    I was asked what my minimum salary was initially and the institution called me back with a little more.

Food Service Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Houston Methodist in January 2014.

Applied one day got a call 2 days later for an interview, went to the interview they just asked about my previous jobs, then 2weeks later got a job offer, went in to do paper work, I had to get all these shots and blood work, 2 different drug tests then started the next month

It wasn't any negotiating

RN Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Houston Methodist.

The application process was long. It was an online application and I got acknowledgment after three months. This was 2004. I did not get invited for an interview. I went an open house later in the year and eventually got hired. The snag is you fill different application form for evry unit you want to source. gives the impression that you are applying to different hospitals. There was one interview.

No choice