Houston Texas Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting

Interview Details – The company recruiter had reached out to me about potential opportunities at Houston Texas Consulting via LinkedIn. I had an initial discussion with him where they did an excellent job at explaining to me why they reached out to me and sold me on the opportunity. I wasn't actively seeking a new opportunity, but after speaking with him, I decided to explore this opportunity further. The interviewing process was pretty straight forward, an initial phone interview with the hiring manager and two rounds of onsite interviews and the final round included the CEO which I thought was amazing - it's not everyday you get to interview with a CEO. After meeting with the team, I knew that these were the type of people that I wanted to work with on a daily basis and where I wanted to work. I never left an interviewing wanting to work at a company. After the interviews, the recruiter contacted me and we negotiated the offer details. He did a great job throughout the entire process.

Interview Question – Be prepared, this interviewing process is very thorough. They are looking to hire the best and the brightest, so the questions are tough but I appreciated it because it told me that they just don't want to hire a body, but they want top talent into the organization   Answer Question

"Account Manager" Interview

"Account Manager"

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting.

Interview Details – Like many other companies of this type it's a 3 step process. First is the initial interview which is about 15 minutes or so. Second is half-day shadow in which you'll tag along with another person getting to see what the job entails exactly. Third is another short interview after the shadow in which you'll discuss how everything went as well as the information on a form you fill when you're back in the office.

The impression I had was that I was interviewing for the Account Manager position, which would be training entry-level candidates, giving presentations, etc. Not until after the second interview was I aware that I was, in fact, interviewing for the entry-level position itself which is basically sales for AT&T. Yes, you pretty much work for AT&T, drive around to different business - anything ranging from gas-stations to nail salons - and try get them to upgrade to the newest version of the internet service. It's definitely possible to make good money, but the work - at least for several weeks or months until they decide to promote you - will strictly be this. Great if you like sales and don't mind working mostly on a commission basis.

Overall, it might be worth it if you can tolerate doing such work in order to make it to a managerial role, or if you're just looking for some quick cash with sales and "marketing" experience, but well-educated, intelligent individuals might find it a bit degrading for a while.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult or unexpected. The standard.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting

Interview Details – Was called to schedule interview. Went to office building for interview. It lasted about ten minutes tops and the questions were very standard. The interviewer was friendly and relaxed. He gave a brief run-down of what the company does, then asked me a handful of questions, then gave me time to ask questions of my own if I had any.

Interview Question – If success had a color, what would it be.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting.

Interview Details – They were mostly situational questions....tell me about a situation where XYZ happened. Strengths, weaknesses, career goals.....the usual. Nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult client? What would you say? Are you more big picture or small? 5 years where do you see yourself?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting in March 2014.

Interview Details – When I received the phone call from Houston Texas consulting, I was under the impression that this would be an advertising / ad agency type of work. I was explained a "Generic" description of the job / position available and I just recently moved to the area and needed to find employment. I was told the location, to bring a resume and dress appropriately (which I did all of the above), when I arrived, I filled out the application they requested. Waited 10 minutes and met with a "Hiring" Manager. The interview lasted only 10 minutes and I was told they would pass their recommendations to their "clients" and that if I was selected I would receive a phone call by 2:00p.m. It was never explained to me what they actually do. If it is a sales position, then please tell me up front. I am very confused to this day as to what they do. Also, the website is very vague. It just didn't seem like a fair shot or an legitimate business.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Marketing/Sales Interview

Marketing/Sales

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details – I received a phone call informing me they reviewed my resume and are interested in meeting with me. I went to the location and several people were also there interviewing for the same position. I finally got the chance to talk to a manager. He seemed somewhat eager to go thru the interview quickly because he noticed the amount of ppl waiting. I thought that was kind of unprofessional. He made a little small talk, not job related, I thought that was kind of weird. The process wasn't very hard. Really basic interview questions.

Interview Question – What is something I wouldn't know about you and that's not listed on your resume? Can you handle presentations of maybe 50+ ppl?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Houston, TX

I interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting in December 2013.

Interview Details – Houston Texas Consulting offers a exciting and diverse consulting opportunities. The managing directors and associate partners emphasize growth for employees - if you bring in new business, suggest innovative new ideas, or refer new consultants your efforts are noted and highlighted. You are encouraged to speak up and share your ideas - and your ideas are heard and often implemented. The company is always looking for ways to improve the business, they are not a stodgy, giant organization unwilling to change when change is needed. Very much an open and transparent organization.

Continue to foster an open and transparent working environment. Continue to encourage qualified consultants to seek a career path with the business. Foster more virtual team-building opportunities.

Interview Question – Your work life will be busy. You are expected to be a team-player and encourages you to look outside your scope of work to help employees. Be prepared to be flexible and to balance competing priorities.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting in December 2013.

Interview Details – I only went through the first stage of the hiring process. Interview day was composed of 15 minute interviews with back-to-back candidates. I received a response within 24 hours of if I was moving forward.

Interview Question – What are you personal goals for the next 5 years? What are the qualities you would use to define a leader? On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate yourself as a leader? Why do you want to be in sales/marketing?   View Answer

Client Relations Interview

Client Relations

Interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.

Had a nice phone interview with the hiring manager and said she would call me in a couple days to schedule a 1:1 interview.

This was postponed due to a storm and bad weather.

Human resources and I shared emails in which she said she would still like to interview me and then went in.

After the first 1:1 took about 25 minutes after that I had some questions that I asked one of the Interviewing managers, and they filled me in on day to day responsibilities of the position and explained what would be happening next in the interviewing process.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied in-person and interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting.

Interview Details – They say preliminary interview, but I think it's a face to face to see what you look like. The 5 minute interview that is held can be done over the phone. Questions ask does not suffice for position at all. Something about the entire process didn't seem honest.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How would describe a leader?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It's not a career for me..it's a job!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Houston Texas Consulting

Worked for Houston Texas Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Houston Texas Consulting Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Houston Texas Consulting interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Houston Texas Consulting employees and interview candidates.