Houston Texas Consulting

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.4

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Houston Texas Consulting.

My experience with HTC was quite odd to be honest. Where to start…I applied online and send my resume in through a job search website. That same day, I receive about 5 phone calls in a row but no voicemail. Confused, I looked up the number...it was HTC calling. Why they didn’t leave a voicemail, I don’t know. I receive an e-mail saying that they are interested in my qualifications and would like to set up a time to meet with me. I pick a time and its set for a week later. The day of my face to face interview, I receive a phone call to make sure I knew the time etc. which was professional and good. The office building where HTC is located is in a great location and very convenient. I take the elevator to the floor where their office is and that’s when I began to notice that this company doesn’t have any clue what they’re doing. The receptionist was sweet and talkative and asked me to fill out a sheet of paper and clip my resume to the back of it. I sit and wait. At the time of my meeting, a man comes out of his “office” and introduces himself and we begin the interview process. First off, I’m pretty sure the receptionist and this man were the ONLY single people in the HTC office. Not another soul. His desk had absolutely nothing on it except a computer, empty picture frame and some papers (sketchy). So the interview process goes on, he asks me the standard interview questions, literally THE standard interview questions and begins to scribble on my resume…I honestly think he was just making scribbles and not writing anything down. He also didn’t even set my interview on the table he held it in his hand on the clipboard. The interview lasted not even 15 minutes. And I did all the talking- even asked questions. As the interview ended he walks me back out to the waiting room and barely says goodbye or thanks and picks up the other person waiting to be interviewed (for the same job I’m not sure but they looked like they walked in off the street…no joke.) I said thanks for your time and got out of there as fast as I could. I had been warned that HTC was a joke. I had a friend who worked there for 2 weeks and quit because there was no growth and they didn’t have a clue what they were doing, I just took the interview to be polite. I had already accepted a job elsewhere but to all who are thinking about applying, this is my warning: Stay Away!

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting in August 2014.

The questions were very easy to answer, very little about your knowledge and more about your personality. The questions were very generic like where do you see yourself in 5 years and what are some words you'd use to describe yourself. The interview lasted no more than 10 minutes. Overall I don't think they truly cared about the answer my questions but more in the way I answered. They were looking for high energy confident answers.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult to answer at all.   Answer Question

The job is door to door sales and that is not what I was looking for.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The company recruiter had reached out to me about potential opportunities at Houston Texas Consulting via LinkedIn. I had an initial discussion with him where they did an excellent job at explaining to me why they reached out to me and sold me on the opportunity. I wasn't actively seeking a new opportunity, but after speaking with him, I decided to explore this opportunity further. The interviewing process was pretty straight forward, an initial phone interview with the hiring manager and two rounds of onsite interviews and the final round included the CEO which I thought was amazing - it's not everyday you get to interview with a CEO. After meeting with the team, I knew that these were the type of people that I wanted to work with on a daily basis and where I wanted to work. I never left an interviewing wanting to work at a company. After the interviews, the recruiter contacted me and we negotiated the offer details. He did a great job throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared, this interviewing process is very thorough. They are looking to hire the best and the brightest, so the questions are tough but I appreciated it because it told me that they just don't want to hire a body, but they want top talent into the organization   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting in June 2014.

Company reminded me very much of Cbeyond. Does not have a good employee retention rate. Also is a lot of work for a little salary. Very micro managed. Possibly good experience for recent graduates, but not career profesionals

Interview Questions
    • They will higher you based on your energy, it doesnt matter the actual answer   Answer Question

The company did not seem legit. Door to door sales.

Sales Representative Interview

Was called to schedule interview. Went to office building for interview. It lasted about ten minutes tops and the questions were very standard. The interviewer was friendly and relaxed. He gave a brief run-down of what the company does, then asked me a handful of questions, then gave me time to ask questions of my own if I had any.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting.

They were mostly situational questions....tell me about a situation where XYZ happened. Strengths, weaknesses, career goals.....the usual. Nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult client? What would you say? Are you more big picture or small? 5 years where do you see yourself?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Houston Texas Consulting in March 2014.

When I received the phone call from Houston Texas consulting, I was under the impression that this would be an advertising / ad agency type of work. I was explained a "Generic" description of the job / position available and I just recently moved to the area and needed to find employment. I was told the location, to bring a resume and dress appropriately (which I did all of the above), when I arrived, I filled out the application they requested. Waited 10 minutes and met with a "Hiring" Manager. The interview lasted only 10 minutes and I was told they would pass their recommendations to their "clients" and that if I was selected I would receive a phone call by 2:00p.m. It was never explained to me what they actually do. If it is a sales position, then please tell me up front. I am very confused to this day as to what they do. Also, the website is very vague. It just didn't seem like a fair shot or an legitimate business.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Marketing/Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Houston Texas Consulting in January 2014.

I received a phone call informing me they reviewed my resume and are interested in meeting with me. I went to the location and several people were also there interviewing for the same position. I finally got the chance to talk to a manager. He seemed somewhat eager to go thru the interview quickly because he noticed the amount of ppl waiting. I thought that was kind of unprofessional. He made a little small talk, not job related, I thought that was kind of weird. The process wasn't very hard. Really basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is something I wouldn't know about you and that's not listed on your resume? Can you handle presentations of maybe 50+ ppl?   Answer Question

Client Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.

Had a nice phone interview with the hiring manager and said she would call me in a couple days to schedule a 1:1 interview.

This was postponed due to a storm and bad weather.

Human resources and I shared emails in which she said she would still like to interview me and then went in.

After the first 1:1 took about 25 minutes after that I had some questions that I asked one of the Interviewing managers, and they filled me in on day to day responsibilities of the position and explained what would be happening next in the interviewing process.

Account Executive Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Houston Texas Consulting.

They say preliminary interview, but I think it's a face to face to see what you look like. The 5 minute interview that is held can be done over the phone. Questions ask does not suffice for position at all. Something about the entire process didn't seem honest.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How would describe a leader?   Answer Question

It's not a career for me..it's a job!