Sears
2.5 of 5 3,171 reviews
www.searshc.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Sears Cashier Interview Question

"How do you know when your work is good enough?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Cashier Interview Review - one of 1,068 Sears Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
You never know when your work is good enough. This company seems to, as a whole, neglect their employees. I know several long-term employees (10 years plus) that have never been given a raise. The only "raise" they have ever received has been when minimum wage increased. As a former employee myself, I never received any kind of feedback, positive or negative. Also, the training is insufficient. I basically sat on a computer for two days reading and watching videos then taking very short quizzes. I was then expected to know most of what what was expected of me as soon as I got onto the sales floor. Thankfully, I had prior experience but, any questions I had were ignored by my co-workers as well as my "trainer" and I ended up having to get them answered by my supervisor the majority of the time. If this company would pay their employees a little more and add some actual hands-on training, I think they could make a good comeback as their policies and processes are solid.
- Hannah on Sep 22, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.