Macy's
2.9 of 5 3,592 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Macy's Sales Associate Interview Question

I interviewed in Chula Vista, CA and was asked:
"How would you celebrate a purchase?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Sales Associate Interview Review - one of 2,183 Macy's Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 2
votes
It's okay to ask what they mean by "celebrate". They want to know that you're going to be comfortable soliciting Macy's credit, thanking the customer, suggesting additional items and merchandise, telling them about upcoming sales, telling them they made a wise choice in merchandise, etc. It's also good to know why the customer is shopping. So if they're buying shoes, ask them about the occasion. If they're going to their sister's wedding, comment later on it. I.E. have fun at the wedding (it builds a connection because it shows you were paying attention to them) and maybe suggest additional merchandise. I.E. "These shoes are going to look great on you. Do you have a dress yet? In our women's clothing department, we have a sale on dresses. I saw a blue dress that would match these shoes perfectly".
- Interview Candidate on Jan 22, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees and interview candidates.