Quintiles

www.quintiles.com
  www.quintiles.com

Interview Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Huntington Beach, CA

How would you handle a situation where a doctor cancels

last second before a lunch and learn?
Answer

Interview Answer

2 Answers

Would suggest using the budget on another high-performing office in the territory to make best use of budget and to influence the business that matters most.

Interview Candidate on Nov 2, 2010

One possible answer:

"I have actually had that happen to me. Fortunately, the food had not yet been paid for. Since the staff had all been prepared to attend the lunch and learn, I arranged for me to still meet with the staff, just without the food.

During the (now non-lunch) meeting, I was able to present to the staff the features and benefits of my products *as they related specifically to them in their daily dealings with their patients*... I made sure to emphasize the ways that, by prescribing my medication, the physician would be 1) helping the patient in XYZ way, and 2) allieviating some of the staff's on-the-job hassle XYZ way (through fewer call-backs, or as the case may be).

The staff booked me for a follow-up lunch in a couple of weeks. During that follow-up lunch and learn, I was able to finally have the long-detail discussion that I had originally planned to have with the physician with the added benefits of having the staff on my side, echoing what they had experienced, in the past few weeks, as benefits of my products."

Anonymous on Sep 6, 2012