McKinsey & Company
www.mckinsey.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

McKinsey & Company Executive Assistant Interview Question

I interviewed in Saint Petersburg, FL and was asked:
"How would you handle the following situation: One of the Consultants that you support calls you, very upset, because they have missed a flight because you forgot to add it to their calendar. What if you then realized that you HAD put it on their calendar?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Executive Assistant Interview Review - one of 724 McKinsey & Company Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 9
votes
My response to this situation was that I would just allow them to vent briefly while scheduling another flight. I told my interviewer that no purpose would be served by pointing out that the Consultant was wrong and I HAD put the flight on the calendar; the person is obviously upset and arguing wouldn't solve anything. Obviously, if the Consultant decided to pursue action for my "mistake" it would quickly become apparent that I hadn't made one.
- Interview Candidate on Jan 21, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

McKinsey & Company – Why Work for Us?

​ Someone once said “Far and away, the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” Our consultants tackle complex, world-shaping challenges… from re-imagining healthcare… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKinsey & Company interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by McKinsey & Company employees and interview candidates.