Howard Hughes Medical Institute

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Howard Hughes Medical Institute in February 2010.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone screen. I was invited to the site for an interview. The interview was about 8 hours and included one-on-one meetings and small panel interviews. I gave a talk on some of my former work.
This organization is interested in top flight technical skills, but equally desires strong communication and collaboration skills. If you are an individual contributor, don't apply.

Interview Questions

• You need to design a machine for something you know little about. How will you start?   View Answer
  • They wanted to know how I dealt with difficult people (they described some of the researchers as somewhat arrogant).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate some added salary and an increase in relocation funds.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Howard Hughes Medical Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Howard Hughes Medical Institute employees and interview candidates.