Howard Industries Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.2

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Howard Industries (Hattiesburg, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

Normal process. Apply, go in to give information. They then run background checks before proceeding. Multiple background checks. After that, 2 to 3 interviews, and you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• How did your background prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Howard Industries.

Interview

I attended a recruitment workshop at a local hotel, and I was interviewed by the VP of governmental sales. I received a callback for a second interview a couple days later. The second interview was with the sales manager. He briefed me on the position's responsibilities and answered some of my questions as well. Overall, the interview process is easy. Confidence is key.

Interview Questions

• In my first interview, the interviewer took out his sunglasses and asked that I gave my sales pitch to sell them as if he were buying them from me.   Answer Question

Account Manager Mid West (West) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Howard Industries in November 2013.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional and unorganized company/hiring process I have ever seen. Applied/interviewed in Nov of 13' w/ RSM. Seemed to have gone well & he said next steps would be a F2F w/ him & VP of Sales followed by being flown out to their corp office to meet President/CEO (family company). There were red flags right away when I did a google search on the company as there are multiple companies with similar names. Attempted to fu weekly via phone/email & he finally replied back in Dec saying the process had been slowed by other projects & he would keep me posted. Then in Jan he finally got back to me and said he is no longer in charge of that territory & he forwarded my info on to the VP of Sales. Since then I have received no response from the VP of Sales or any of the HR contacts from Howard Medical or Howard Industries after periodically sending emails and leaving voice mails in regard to a status update, even though they all accepted my LI invites. I do not understand what is so difficult about providing a status update to let candidates know if they are still under consideration instead of leaving them hanging.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were out of the ordinary for this type of position.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellisville, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Howard Industries (Ellisville, MS) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted about this job via a third party recruiter who set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. Initial contact was pleasant and covered basic .NET concepts but mainly focused on getting to know how I did things at my current job. I was called back for an in person interview, which went well. It seemed to gauge culture fit. After the interview, I was shown around the department and shook everyone's hands. Everyone seemed to be very welcoming and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have a difficult or unexpected question. The whole thing was quite simple.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Howard Industries (Hattiesburg, MS) in May 2012.

Interview

Meet with multiple levels of management, discussed qualifications, responsibilities and various tests to determine aptitude. Quized on skills that have value at the company. Meet with what would be direct management to allow them to ask questions and determine fit. Interview lasted around 6 hours, Received an offer around a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Detail one large project you worked on and your role in this project.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellisville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Howard Industries (Ellisville, MS) in December 2011.

Interview

After initial phone screening, I was interviewed by supervisor and VP at the company Headquarters. The process was straightforward and both the supervisor and VP were great and very positive.